Anyone Recommend a Video Card for Joint Op's?

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

I currently have a AMD 2800, 512 DDR, cable, one 8X AGP slot available and a
Nvidia GeForce 4 MMX integrated video and it barely works at all. I was
considering a "All In Wonder 9600XT" "Radeon 9800 Pro" or a "Geforce
FX5700".. but am open to anything that will work well. Any card in this
class will suit my other computer needs but I dont see anyone specifically
mentioning Joint Operations while reviewing video cards so i wanted to ask
here.

- Thanks for any suggestions
5 answers Last reply
More about anyone recommend video card joint
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    I use a cheap FX5200, 128mb, with a amd athlon 2400xp, ( 266mhz fsb ) 512 mb
    pc2100, on a ecs K7S5A, no problems, have heard people with faster machines
    having probs but this runs fine, only uses win98SE too, the display is set
    to 1024x768, all runs ok, JO nice n smooth,

    DH-Steve.

    http://diehard.i8.com

    "AxK" <no@email.4me> wrote in message
    > I currently have a AMD 2800, 512 DDR, cable, one 8X AGP slot available and
    > Nvidia GeForce 4 MMX integrated video and it barely works at all. I was
    > considering a "All In Wonder 9600XT" "Radeon 9800 Pro" or a "Geforce
    > FX5700".. but am open to anything that will work well. Any card in this
    > class will suit my other computer needs but I dont see anyone specifically
    > mentioning Joint Operations while reviewing video cards so i wanted to ask
    > here.
    >
    > - Thanks for any suggestions

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Thanks for the input Steve, I am still undecided but am leaning towards
    going towards a more expensive card and if Joint Operations doesnt run well
    on it then I will say the Hell with Joint Op's and play other games. For
    some reason it is the only game I have serious problems with, America's Army
    runs very smoothly but I lag badly (for my system and connection) on Land
    Warrior too ?

    Steve68s wrote:
    > I use a cheap FX5200, 128mb, with a amd athlon 2400xp, ( 266mhz fsb )
    > 512 mb pc2100, on a ecs K7S5A, no problems, have heard people with
    > faster machines having probs but this runs fine, only uses win98SE
    > too, the display is set to 1024x768, all runs ok, JO nice n smooth,
    >
    > DH-Steve.
    >
    > http://diehard.i8.com
    >
    > "AxK" <no@email.4me> wrote in message
    >> I currently have a AMD 2800, 512 DDR, cable, one 8X AGP slot
    >> available and a Nvidia GeForce 4 MMX integrated video and it barely
    >> works at all. I was considering a "All In Wonder 9600XT" "Radeon
    >> 9800 Pro" or a "Geforce FX5700".. but am open to anything that will
    >> work well. Any card in this class will suit my other computer needs
    >> but I dont see anyone specifically mentioning Joint Operations while
    >> reviewing video cards so i wanted to ask here.
    >>
    >> - Thanks for any suggestions
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    JO is a good game, its strange though if the server goes laggy the graphics
    go jerky, I normaly find if playing I go on servers idealy with a ping of
    less than 100, althouh higher ones do work, I used to run DFLW on an old GF2
    64mb card with no probs, also if your in the UK buy Joint Ops from play.com
    mail order, its only £17.99,

    Steve.

    > Thanks for the input Steve, I am still undecided but am leaning towards
    > going towards a more expensive card and if Joint Operations doesnt run
    well
    > on it then I will say the Hell with Joint Op's and play other games. For
    > some reason it is the only game I have serious problems with, America's
    Army
    > runs very smoothly but I lag badly (for my system and connection) on Land
    > Warrior too ?
    >
    > Steve68s wrote:
    > > I use a cheap FX5200, 128mb, with a amd athlon 2400xp, ( 266mhz fsb )
    > > 512 mb pc2100, on a ecs K7S5A, no problems, have heard people with
    > > faster machines having probs but this runs fine, only uses win98SE
    > > too, the display is set to 1024x768, all runs ok, JO nice n smooth,
    > >
    > > DH-Steve.
    > >
    > > http://diehard.i8.com
    > >
    > > "AxK" <no@email.4me> wrote in message
    > >> I currently have a AMD 2800, 512 DDR, cable, one 8X AGP slot
    > >> available and a Nvidia GeForce 4 MMX integrated video and it barely
    > >> works at all. I was considering a "All In Wonder 9600XT" "Radeon
    > >> 9800 Pro" or a "Geforce FX5700".. but am open to anything that will
    > >> work well. Any card in this class will suit my other computer needs
    > >> but I dont see anyone specifically mentioning Joint Operations while
    > >> reviewing video cards so i wanted to ask here.
    > >>
    > >> - Thanks for any suggestions

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    Steve68s wrote:
    > JO is a good game, its strange though if the server goes laggy the graphics
    > go jerky, I normaly find if playing I go on servers idealy with a ping of
    > less than 100, althouh higher ones do work, I used to run DFLW on an old GF2
    > 64mb card with no probs, also if your in the UK buy Joint Ops from play.com
    > mail order, its only £17.99,
    >
    > Steve.
    >
    > "AxK" <no@email.4me> wrote in message
    >
    >>Thanks for the input Steve, I am still undecided but am leaning towards
    >>going towards a more expensive card and if Joint Operations doesnt run
    >
    > well
    >
    >>on it then I will say the Hell with Joint Op's and play other games. For
    >>some reason it is the only game I have serious problems with, America's
    >
    > Army
    >
    >>runs very smoothly but I lag badly (for my system and connection) on Land
    >>Warrior too ?
    >>
    >>Steve68s wrote:
    >>
    >>>I use a cheap FX5200, 128mb, with a amd athlon 2400xp, ( 266mhz fsb )
    >>>512 mb pc2100, on a ecs K7S5A, no problems, have heard people with
    >>>faster machines having probs but this runs fine, only uses win98SE
    >>>too, the display is set to 1024x768, all runs ok, JO nice n smooth,
    >>>
    >>>DH-Steve.
    >>>
    >>>http://diehard.i8.com
    >>>
    >>>"AxK" <no@email.4me> wrote in message

    I'm running AMD 2500XP 1280Mb RAM and ATI9600Pro After running the video
    test I have found that the default setting is ok for training missions,
    but for online play I have dropped down to the lower setting.

    Regards Steve...

    (]TSS[) PENDRAGON
    ICQ: 112044096
    www.tssclan.co.uk
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

    I currently have an Intel Celeron 2.8ghz, 512 DDR Ram, 128meg Nvidia GeForce
    MX 4000 video card.
    I have to agree with Pendragon, that if you get onto a server with ping
    under 100 it runs great.... which for me i have to go into the Australian
    game in "Asia" server. I often play in North America server with my squad on
    ping around 250-300 and it is just playable.... get worst if someone with
    dial up comes into the game.

    Are you on dial up?.... if so, that could be the problem...... it says on
    the box that 56k internet connection is required to play..... but Broadband
    (Cable or DSL) is recommended.....

    DFLW, TFD, BHD all run fine with the video card i have.

    Cheers
    ~BCK~SC.Bishy

    visit us @ www.bck-squad.tk

Graphics Cards Geforce Video Games