270C: Unable to charge??

I dread the thought of buying a new Verizon phone. My 270C just says
"Unable to charge" now. The battery is maybe 2 months old and original
Motorola. What could I possibly replace this with? I do use the
speakerphone feature.

"Mike Stobbe" <mitebbots@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
> I dread the thought of buying a new Verizon phone. My 270C just says
> "Unable to charge" now. The battery is maybe 2 months old and original
> Motorola. What could I possibly replace this with? I do use the
> speakerphone feature.

Have you looked at the V60s ? That's what I replaced a 270C with.

I didn't think that was avalable in So. California. i don't need push
to talk.

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:48:49 -0700, "Peter Pan"
<Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Mike Stobbe" <mitebbots@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
>> I dread the thought of buying a new Verizon phone. My 270C just says
>> "Unable to charge" now. The battery is maybe 2 months old and original
>> Motorola. What could I possibly replace this with? I do use the
>> speakerphone feature.
>
>Have you looked at the V60s ? That's what I replaced a 270C with.

That's good, since the V60p is push to talk, and the V60s is speakerphone.

> I didn't think that was avalable in So. California. i don't need push
> to talk.
>
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:48:49 -0700, "Peter Pan"
> <Marcs1102NOSPAM@Hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Mike Stobbe" <mitebbots@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
>>> I dread the thought of buying a new Verizon phone. My 270C just says
>>> "Unable to charge" now. The battery is maybe 2 months old and
>>> original Motorola. What could I possibly replace this with? I do
>>> use the speakerphone feature.
>>
>> Have you looked at the V60s ? That's what I replaced a 270C with.

"Mike Stobbe" <mitebbots@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
> I dread the thought of buying a new Verizon phone. My 270C just says
> "Unable to charge" now. The battery is maybe 2 months old and original
> Motorola. What could I possibly replace this with? I do use the
> speakerphone feature.

I believe on the V60 this is usually the connector coming loose from the
phone and needing to be resoldered.... could be the same with the 270c. My
270c does it once in a blue moon but usually I haven't inserted the plug
"just right." You might want to check on www.howardforums.com

SL