OutLook Express

May 5, 2004 2:21:54 AM

Won't save passwords in Outlook Express?

More about : outlook express

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 2:21:55 AM

Hello
Open Outlook Express>Tools>Accounts>Mail Tab>Properties>Server>check Log in
Using Password

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Don" <wieberd@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Won't save passwords in Outlook Express?

Anonymous
May 5, 2004 9:58:29 AM

Don wrote:
> Won't save passwords in Outlook Express?

Take your pick....

Save Password Check Box Is Unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=137361

Damaged Password List File Does Not Save Passwords
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=135197

Dial-Up Networking Password Is Not Saved
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=148925

Ron Badour's page.
http://badour.freewebsites.com/html/dun.html

OE:
Outlook Express Does Not Save the Mail Server Logon Password
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216382
Cannot Save E-Mail Account Password in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=228713
Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows 2000 or XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=264672

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Comcast tech once told me that you will have to enter
your password the first time you log in to Outlook
Express, no matter if you have it saved or not.

!