Anyone here got an ABit BD7II Mobo.....

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
I have one, with a P4/1.8A (512K), and am having trouble installing XP (that "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" error). I'd be interested in any other users of this mobo and their XP install issues.

Thanks.

G

I have a BD7-II-RAID also with a 1.8A but I haven't got as far as loading XP yet. Did you not encounter a CPU is unworkable or has been changed message at bootup?
Seems to be a well known problem, according to Intel, that is encountered when the mobo does not support 512K cache CPUs. Not sure if this is the problem I am having or not though. Any help would be appreciated (loading XP will be next!!)

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
Yes, when first booting, the mobo will go into the soft menu, to allow you to introduce it to the new CPU. However, I did not get the message "CPU is unworkable or has been changed". I did have issues in POST with the BD-7 (not the II) board I first had, it just wouldn't boot. I believe that may have been related to the later CPU (512K).
Good luck- I'll be happy to help wherever I can.

Bruce.

G

thanks for your reply Bruce. I have fixed the problem now, it was down to user error. Once I manually set the CPU speed in the soft menu it worked OK.

Sorry to say though that I didn't encounter any problems with XP install. It seems to be OK.

Thanks for your help

Dave

jwhee06151

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2002
I am thinking of getting this board along with a P4 2.26 cpu. Is this the same CPU you have? I thought it was the lowest with 512k. Please let me know how your setup is working. What kind of HD do you have? Also what are you using for ram? Thanks for any info...Jeff

brucek

Distinguished
May 7, 2002
I have the P4 1.8A G CPU, which I believe is the lowest with the 512K cache. My original issue appears to be RAM. I now have PC-2100 DDR (256M) installed, and I got XP to load OK. Still having issues with "data is invalid" errors when attempting to install a PCI sound card though- appears to be an XP quirk.

Bruce.