Has my Soyo Mobo lost its Mojo?

Jetter2

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2001
Hey team,
I dont know what happened but, for some reason my computer wont work. I have a Soyo KT333 Dragon Light Mobo, T-bird 1.4GHz CPU, 255MB DDR, Powertrwonic AMD Reccomended 400wPSU and I cant figure out what the heck is going on with it.
I will turn it on, and the the fans will go and everything, but no beebs are heard and no video comes on. I tried clearing the CMOS and back like 50 times, and it does the same thing. Its not shorting out on the case...and has all the power it wants and a good CPU. An suggestions? Thanks!

My cup holder can burn CD's!!
-Justin

Is the CPU FOC(Fan Off Control) enabled in the CMOS If it is disable it and start your machine back up. Thats a Dragon feature to save your CPU in a Heatsink fan failure, make sure your CPU fan is on Fan 1, if you're using a high powered fan running the 4 pin with sensor combo hook the sensor to Fan 1. P.S. Make sure your CPU fan is working, and hasn't failed or the board will not run.

Raist999

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2002
My Buddy recently built a system with a Soyo Dragon +, Athlon XP 2000+, 512mb DDR 2100, Visiontek GeForce 3 Ti 500 and had a very similiar problem. This is an odd one, we put the system together, everything looks good, fire it up, all the fans come on, no video, no beeps. We tried reseating everything many times in all sorts of combo's. We then tried putting in an older ATI Radeon card, it fires up just fine, load the OS, turn it on/off several times, no problem. We then put the GF3 card in an older Compaq, no problems... The GF3 gets reinstalled into the Soyo, won't fire up, the fan on the card kept changing speeds like it didn't have enough electricity, it was weird. Soyo, and Visiontek says there are no problems with the card in the mobo but blame each other. My buddy then buys another GF3 Ti 500 (same card from Visiontek)it works with no problems. It seems to be the card, even though it works fine in any other pc. I'm guessing maybe the card won't seat right in the AGP slot, but we tried MANY times to make sure it was in. To make a long story short, try installing another video card to see if it helps. Good Luck

TRENDING THREADS