Kate

HELP...I can receive e-mail, but, I am not able to send.
ERROR MESSAGE: The message could not be sent because it
rejected you as the sender. You are not authorized to
send mail as <*********1@verizon.net>......Error Number
0x800ccc78)

Kate wrote:
> HELP...I can receive e-mail, but, I am not able to send.
> ERROR MESSAGE: The message could not be sent because it
> rejected you as the sender. You are not authorized to
> send mail as <*********1@verizon.net>......Error Number
> 0x800ccc78)

Double check your account settings. Is the email address (yours) correct
in all respects? Are you dialled in with Verizon when you try to send
mail from your Verizon account?

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)

Kate

new install. This set-up was working fine until two days
ago. Since yesterday's post of this problem, now I am no
longer able to receive mail either. Must I do a complete
uninstall and re-install of Outlook? This is very
frustrating...as I'm not very computer savvy!! Thanks.

Kate wrote:
> [...]

What AV prorgram are you running and is it set to scan email?

Email scanning slows down Sending and Receiving, sometimes enough that
OE
times out. Norton invented email sccaning and here's what they say:
From
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/df0a595864594c86852567ac0063608c/65434372961d321d8825687f000003f8?OpenDocument&src=tr&Highlight=0,email,protection

"Disabling email protection does not leave you vulnerable to viruses and
malicious software in email. It is a separate layer of protection in
addition to Auto-Protect. Auto-Protect scans any incoming files,
including
email, as they are saved to your hard drive. As long as you keep your
virus
definitions up to date with LiveUpdate, and keep Auto-Protect enabled
and
set to scan files as they are created or downloaded, your system is
fully
protected."

See also
http://help.expedient.com/mailnews/norton_antivirus.shtml
and
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/pfdocs/1999092910223606?Open
and
http://service4.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000020716064206&src=w
So Symantec used to say this often and clearly. The newer stuff doesn't
have the statement included as it was considered an embarrassment. If
you
know anyone who programs for Norton try to get them to talk about it.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)