Limited User Accounts - Not working!!

When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
to work properly?
Thanks in advance.

PS I am very tech literate and have spent ages on this
already - surely it can't be that difficult to get right?
2 answers Last reply
More about limited user accounts working

    John,

    What exactly happens when you open IE from limited user account?

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    "John Castle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8c0401c432d8$8dd97520$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
    programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
    Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
    that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
    ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
    to work properly?
    Thanks in advance.

    PS I am very tech literate and have spent ages on this
    already - surely it can't be that difficult to get right?

    On Wed, 5 May 2004 12:38:34 -0700, "John Castle"

    >When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
    >programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
    >Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
    >that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
    >ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
    >to work properly?
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >PS I am very tech literate and have spent ages on this
    >already - surely it can't be that difficult to get right?

    In your Dial Up Settings, under administrator, make sure that

    Save this user name and password for the following users:

    Anyone who uses this computer.

    Is enabled otherwise Limited users cannot use this network connection
    hence problems with IE/Outlook etc.

    Peter Hutchison
    Windows FAQ
    http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

Internet Explorer Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP