NO auto detect for camera or card reader

Tags:
  • Cameras
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 5, 2004 5:06:06 PM

my pc will not auto detect my digital camera or card reader when plugged into USB port. Have tested camera on other pc's and it works fine.I cannot get any pics off camera because it says it is not connected? Help

More about : auto detect camera card reader

Anonymous
May 6, 2004 7:01:39 PM

On Wed, 5 May 2004 13:06:06 -0700, baldy wrote:

> my pc will not auto detect my digital camera or card reader when plugged
> into USB port. Have tested camera on other pc's and it works fine.I
> cannot get any pics off camera because it says it is not connected? Help

On the computer that will not recognize the camera and card reader, what is
different when comparing to the other computers that can use the hardware?
Same or different operating systems?

Do other hardware devices work in the same connection ports that the
camera/reader fails on?

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User