Alan

Hello

today when i switched on my computer nothing happened
except a long beep . i read in a book that this could be
due to a loose sound card or ram chip .i checked these
items made sure they were secure and sure enough the
computer booted up .except now ive lost my sound .i ran
dxdiag and in the sound section i get this error message:
DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User
verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error
code).
i have audio excel, but only the intergrated audio
showing.
i have re-installed audio excel drivers but to no avail.
i am running xp pro pentium 4
can anyone please help me .
any help greatly appreciated.
many thanks
Alan

Hi

Try here:

"Where did my Sounds go?"

Courtesy of MVP Kelly.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Alan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Hello
|
| today when i switched on my computer nothing happened
| except a long beep . i read in a book that this could be
| due to a loose sound card or ram chip .i checked these
| items made sure they were secure and sure enough the
| computer booted up .except now ive lost my sound .i ran
| dxdiag and in the sound section i get this error message:
| DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User
| verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error
| code).
| i have audio excel, but only the intergrated audio
| showing.
| i have re-installed audio excel drivers but to no avail.
| i am running xp pro pentium 4
| can anyone please help me .
| any help greatly appreciated.
| many thanks
| Alan

Alan

thankyou ,will
problem solved .thankyou very much again. much appreciated
regards
Alan

You're very welcome Alan.

--

| thankyou ,will
| problem solved .thankyou very much again. much appreciated
| regards
| Alan

| >|