Wireless Networking Problem

Here is my problem:

3 pcs wireless into belkin F5D7230-4 router and router is wired to
d-link dc200 cable modem.

It seems that when I copy a lot of files (30+??) from one pc to
another, I loose network connection on all 3 pcs.

When I check the router the lights tell me that wan and wlan and
internet are all ok but I cannot connect/ping the router regardless.

The wireless cards all seem to be functioning correctly. They are all
generic IEEE 802.11b PCI Wireless Network Adapter

When I reset the router the network comes back up fine.

Is this a flooding problem - possible the router firewall? or a
wireless pci device problem?

I have no pcs "wired" to router or each other.

This is becomming a problem because I work on either one of the three
then I may copy what I was working on to the other pc

Please help

Thank You!

Bill
2
answers
Last reply
More about wireless networking problem

    On 23 Jul 2004 08:50:42 -0700, bill.goedert@budgetcaterer.com (Bill
    Goedert) wrote:

    >3 pcs wireless into belkin F5D7230-4 router and router is wired to
    >d-link dc200 cable modem.
    >
    >It seems that when I copy a lot of files (30+??) from one pc to
    >another, I loose network connection on all 3 pcs.

    If all 3 PC's lose connection, that's sufficient evidence to assign
    the blame at the Belkin wireless router.

    First, check if you have the latest firmware:

    http://web.belkin.com/support/download/download.asp?download=F5D7230-4
    If that does't fix it, I don't have any better suggestions other than
    buy a different router.

    I have to point out that I purchased a similar Belkin router
    F5D6231-4 that had a similar problem that could only be solved by
    purchasing a different wireless router. There seems to be something
    wrong with that product line, but I have no clue as to the exact
    cause.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

    On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:18:12 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
    <jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us> wrote:

    >If all 3 PC's lose connection, that's sufficient evidence to assign
    >the blame at the Belkin wireless router.

    In another thread in this group, someone posted that they were having
    a similar problem with XP and "moving large files" (not a large number
    of files). The workaround was to use the IP address for the shared
    directories instead of the NETBIOS name. That's:
    \\192.168.1.20\share_name
    instead of:
    \\machine_name\share_name
    Might be worth a try.

    You might wanna run from a DOS cmd window:
    nbtstat -s (sessions running)
    nbtstat -c (remote machines in the cache)
    nbtstat -n (what's available)
    before and after it dies to see if it really is a NETBIOS name
    resolution problem. If you can't ping the other machines, it's
    probably the router and not NETBIOS.

    Santa Cruz CA 95060 AE6KS 831-336-2558

Wireless Routers Wireless Networking