Tom's Launches Two iPhone Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
We know it sucks that you have to be sitting at your desk or in front of your computer to read up on that graphics card you're thinking of buying or to check out our latest charts.

But you can't upgrade the graphics card on a mac.........

Xlick

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
i've had these apps for a while now... i think this article is a little late in coming :)

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Its iTom's hardware - don't expect too much...

"i've had these apps for a while now... i think this article is a little late in coming :)" - They needed a new chance to iSpam!

jeverson

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2007
Come on Tom's... you guys know that iPhone isn't in your demographic. We are intelligent people that know how to use technology... so break out the Android app already... ;)

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
I read the main site on my Nokia N95 with Opera Mini 5 Beta 2 just fine! I have no idea how the iPhone's web browser handles the site, so it might me a welcome addition, but I'm quite happy with what I have (it's free too). Opera Mini 5 is quite a welcome upgrade for on the fly reading. I don't recall the last time I used Nokia's built in browser - that thing just loads the page in it's entirety, with all the quality - it eats megabytes for breakfast, Opera on the other hand compresses everything :D

tomsguiderachel1

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2008
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]Come on Tom's... you guys know that iPhone isn't in your demographic. We are intelligent people that know how to use technology... so break out the Android app already...[/citation]
You should check out Tom's Guide--iPhone is well within our demographic :)

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
this is like saying that Safari on iPhone sucks balls so much, you need a separate app just to be able to access the thg news...which you don't need, anyways, cause you probably have an un-upgradeable Mac!

whateva...

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]jeverson[/nom]Come on Tom's... you guys know that iPhone isn't in your demographic. We are intelligent people that know how to use technology... so break out the Android app already...[/citation]

I'm told they're working on it.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]myriad46[/nom]Big fail THG! Iphone...really?[/citation]
i hate iphone haters...

I HAD an iphone for 2 years. I recently got the 3gs 32gig (4months ago). I found my reception was not great and since i don't have a home phone i require a phone more then anything else... So i sold the Iphone and got me the brand new blackberry 9700.

Here is some facts after using this blackberry 9700 for a month.

blackberry pros:
-reception is FAR superior, not even comparable.
-Battery is fantastic compared to Iphone

Iphone Pros:
EVERYTHING except thos two things mentioned above.
-browse internet easier. (i dont even bother on the BB, it sucks so bad)
-add contacts easier
-view contacts easier.
-call contacts easier
-better GPS
-more Apps, free apps... A lot of apps.
-and a list 1 mile long.

@ the end of the day if you like it or not Iphone is the #1 device sold today....every site reviews it the same.

If you rely on a phone... dont get iphone. (example: business needs)
if you want a phone that is superior in almost every other category... get an iphone.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yay... shame I would never buy an Iphone...

I might buy an android phone tho, make some apps for that!

you know, because I am the most IMPORTANT person in the universe! and you should focus on MY NEEDS rather than the general market sizes!

can we/ did we, do a survey of the phones toms readers use?

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
i have an lg viewty smart that i bought for 300 off of ebay and its the best phone i ever used big step up from my former i phone that got its screen cracked when my dog stepped on it (It was in my pocket. I only had that P.O.S for about 3 months. Plus the wife still brings it up. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.