Upgraded to XP pro and now Outlook Express Inbox is Empty

I just upgraded to Windows XP Pro Monday. I did the
update install. Now in Outlook Express all of my old e-
mails are gone. The contact list is still there, but the
in-box is empty and all of the sub folders I had created
under it are gone. This is a disaster. To a lesser note,
all of my Deer Hunter 3 Hunter Profiles are gone. Please
tell me there is something I can do to get this back. I
can hunt more deer, but the old e-mails were really
important and there was never a way to back them up.

Thanks

Eddie
4 answers Last reply
More about upgraded outlook express inbox empty

    Hi

    Try here:

    Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You
    Upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313055

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "Eddie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I just upgraded to Windows XP Pro Monday. I did the
    | update install. Now in Outlook Express all of my old e-
    | mails are gone. The contact list is still there, but the
    | in-box is empty and all of the sub folders I had created
    | under it are gone. This is a disaster. To a lesser note,
    | all of my Deer Hunter 3 Hunter Profiles are gone. Please
    | tell me there is something I can do to get this back. I
    | can hunt more deer, but the old e-mails were really
    | important and there was never a way to back them up.
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Eddie

    It worked. Thanks a Million!!

    Eddie

    us;313055

    >--
    >
    >Will Denny
    >MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    >

    >"Eddie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message
    >| I just upgraded to Windows XP Pro Monday. I did the
    >| update install. Now in Outlook Express all of my old e-
    >| mails are gone. The contact list is still there, but the
    >| in-box is empty and all of the sub folders I had created
    >| under it are gone. This is a disaster. To a lesser
    note,
    >| all of my Deer Hunter 3 Hunter Profiles are gone.
    Please
    >| tell me there is something I can do to get this back. I
    >| can hunt more deer, but the old e-mails were really
    >| important and there was never a way to back them up.
    >|
    >| Thanks
    >|
    >| Eddie
    >
    >.

    You're very welcome Eddie.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    | It worked. Thanks a Million!!
    |
    | Eddie

    | >|
    | >| Thanks
    | >|
    | >| Eddie
    | >
    | >.

    > It worked. Thanks a Million!!
    >
    > Eddie

    For future use, and you should back them up to removable media
    occasionally, just case you do have a total disaster.
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm
    --
    Kath Adams
    MS MVP - Windows (IE/OE)