Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

the best in game character

Last response: in Video Games
Share
July 15, 2006 1:48:19 PM

the best in game character in my point of view is hitman 47.what bout you.

More about : game character

July 15, 2006 10:16:21 PM

cloud from ff7
July 15, 2006 11:26:24 PM

Ehmmm .... Mario?

At least, he almost is as old as me :lol: 
Related resources
July 17, 2006 4:44:14 PM

There are some great characters in the NOLF games.

Also, don't forget Garrett (from the Thief series) or Max Payne.
July 18, 2006 11:53:34 AM

Snake from Metal Gear Solid 8)
July 20, 2006 3:25:06 AM

Just to show my age im gonna say Alex kid and wonder boy.
if it wernt for these to characters my addiction to games would surely be nowhere near as enthusiatic. hours and hours were spent on the various titles under these 2 names and i'll never forget the sounds of the late 1980's acrade scene absorbed in that radiant glow playing Wonder Boy and Wonder Boy II.
July 20, 2006 4:42:02 AM

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell and Joanna Dark from Perfect Dark.
July 20, 2006 4:54:55 PM

Shodan, from the system shock games. Better then hal9000.

The sheer dread at hearing her voice speak doom on you as you play just sent chills when I played ss2. "What is it that you fear? The end of your trivial existence?"

DeusEx (naturally), HL and other great games owe their gratitude to LookingGlass.

Kane from C&C games, great campy action-movie/stallone-schwartzenagger type of bad-guy. Good acting.

G-man from HL (just his brief presence made that game so much better)

hmmm, aparently I like the bad-guys. But just like most movies, the hero is only as good as the villian he is up against in the story.
July 20, 2006 5:47:59 PM

Glad to see some people like agent 47, that guy is a pimp. And what really sucks is Vin Diesel is gonna play as 47 in the movie. Im sorry but vin cant play a cold hard assassin, he cant come off as a clever intelegent person to me. I think they need Jason Statham to play 47 but I guess all videogame to movie titles are mostly crap so they need someone like vin to make some money.

other than 47 I always thought the marine in the original Doom was awsome, never said anything just killed. Hell all he needed to do was grunt at a door and it would open, how bada$$ is that guy
July 20, 2006 5:57:57 PM

lol, agreed. statham=good 47, vinnie=ok 47 (maybe).

vin could pull it off, if you have seen the original pitch black (his best movie to date) he can pull off intelligent evil / gray-good. Statham is better I agree, but it could work w/ vin.

just that all movies after pitch black have sucked does not help opinions about his acting (if you can call it that) ability. lol

and yes, all game movies suck b/c studios want a quick buck from a "for sure" audience and they thing gamers are dumb. (we must be cause we still watch this crap they give us!)

I am waiting for a game movie to really be done well, and as of yet it has not happened.
July 20, 2006 6:31:29 PM

Quote:
Just to show my age im gonna say Alex kid and wonder boy.
if it wernt for these to characters my addiction to games would surely be nowhere near as enthusiatic. hours and hours were spent on the various titles under these 2 names and i'll never forget the sounds of the late 1980's acrade scene absorbed in that radiant glow playing Wonder Boy and Wonder Boy II.


All right! Never thought I'd see a vote for Wonder Boy (Alex Kidd was great too). Couldn't count how many hours I played Wonder Boy II. Never beat it... Wonder Boy 3 is still one of my favorite games of all time.
July 20, 2006 6:37:17 PM

well I will say that pitch black was probably the best movie vin has been in that he was the lead actor, but the best movie he has been in has to be saving private ryan. he didnt last long but he made it past the beach at least.

and I will say that not all game movies have compleatly bombed, the tomb raider movies are so so. I would still want statham as 47, pullin out the silver-ballers (or fiber wire, poision, and the well planed "accedent" for us pros) to off some smuck.
July 20, 2006 6:52:51 PM

fair enough on private ryan, but just b/c the movie did not completely bomb (I assume you meant box-office) does not mean that it did not suck.

I hated the TR movies just as much as any other game-based movie. They just change too much in them to make them watchable. Doom being the most recent worst offender. but I digress...

agree w/ you on statham though, he would rock it.
July 21, 2006 12:53:23 PM

I don’t think either Statham or Vin Diesel would be good in the part. Statham is English (all be it a cockney accent) and does have a bold head but he is not the proper build to be 47, he is too short! Vin Diesel does have the build but can you imagine him putting on an English accent… I sure as hell cant! One thing is for sure the basic style of Hitman will not be left intact. It will just be simply replaced with fight scenes and car chases...

The reason why most people like the game is for the stealth. The fact that you can walk in to a shopping centre filled with people and take out your targets very quickly and quietly with out anyone knowing. The sheer sense of accomplishment you get as your walking to the exit after everything has gone perfectly is matched by no other game. Just like the ending of the movie ‘Leon’ (with out the getting shot in the back part of course). Hey maybe Jean Reno would make a good Hitman if he shaved his head and face of course :lol: .
July 21, 2006 2:04:37 PM

ya, french accent would make it sooo much better. [/sarcasm]


;) 
July 21, 2006 2:14:19 PM

Well it's better than Vin Diesels... wait what is his accent, he kind of sounds like he is giving off a whimpering sound that’s been enhanced by a 2 stroke engine with a muffler add-on.

But no I am not going to defend my stupidity on that one :lol: 
July 21, 2006 2:37:03 PM

Quote:
Well it's better than Vin Diesels... wait what is his accent, he kind of sounds like he is giving off a whimpering sound that’s been enhanced by a 2 stroke engine with a muffler add-on.


:lol: 
July 21, 2006 2:56:09 PM

Quote:
I don’t think either Statham or Vin Diesel would be good in the part. Statham is English (all be it a cockney accent) and does have a bold head but he is not the proper build to be 47, he is too short! Vin Diesel does have the build but can you imagine him putting on an English accent… I sure as hell cant! One thing is for sure the basic style of Hitman will not be left intact. It will just be simply replaced with fight scenes and car chases...
.


umm what too short!? have you seen any actors in real life? or just standing with anyone of average hight? all actors are short, short people just work better in movies because all the props can be smaller and still look to scale in a movie. Hell tom cruise is only a little over 5 feet tall yet he seems normal hight in movies.

I do agree that it will end up being nothing but car chases and fights, but thats exactly why I want Statham, have you seen that guy fight hes a english jet lee and not to mention at least he can act a little.

and sojrner I hope you are not saying SPR sucked. That was a great movie that is going to be a classic speilburg is remeberd by along with Schindlers list. If you are saying they sucked please tell me what you think is a good movie. And just to defend my self on the tr movies I said so so, meaning if you hadnt played the games and just thought it was another summer action movie it was watchable
July 21, 2006 3:03:30 PM

Quote:
and sojrner I hope you are not saying SPR sucked. That was a great movie that is going to be a classic speilburg is remeberd by along with Schindlers list. If you are saying they sucked please tell me what you think is a good movie. And just to defend my self on the tr movies I said so so, meaning if you hadnt played the games and just thought it was another summer action movie it was watchable


not at all man, loved private ryan. By "fair enough" I meant that it was a fair argument that the best movie Vin was in was spr, not that the movie was "only fair". Make sense now? lol (and I was talking about starring roles for him when I mentioned pitch black ;)  )

and ya, w/o the game as a backdrop some of the movies are ok. Once you factor in the "real" story they suck. Much like many books translated to movies only much-much worse as they put even less effort into the game derrived movies. Perhaps it is b/c games do not command the "respect" that books do? not sure there...
July 21, 2006 3:20:10 PM

Quote:


not at all man, loved private ryan. By "fair enough" I meant that it was a fair argument that the best movie Vin was in was spr, not that the movie was "only fair". Make sense now? lol (and I was talking about starring roles for him when I mentioned pitch black ;)  )

and ya, w/o the game as a backdrop some of the movies are ok. Once you factor in the "real" story they suck. Much like many books translated to movies only much-much worse as they put even less effort into the game derrived movies. Perhaps it is b/c games do not command the "respect" that books do? not sure there...


I didnt think anyone would say that spr sucked If they did I dont know what I would say. I also think that Riddick fits vin well and xxx btw just for a little fun, in the XXX movie did anyone notice that the "rocket launcher" used to kill the sniper guy that smoked, was nothing but a cheap vhs camera with a cardboard tube glued on and spray-painted green? I know bc I used that camera in a video production class I took in 7th grade
July 21, 2006 3:24:44 PM

Quote:
...in the XXX movie did anyone notice that the "rocket launcher" used to kill the sniper guy that smoked, was nothing but a cheap vhs camera with a cardboard tube glued on and spray-painted green? I know bc I used that camera in a video production class I took in 7th grade


as a matter of fact I did... thought it was strange, but w/ the rest of the movie being so "out there" it did not seem out of place. strangely enough!

xxx was a movie that i so wanted to like. I am a huge bond fan (who else can save the world, kill the bad guy and get the girl all in under 2 hours but bond?), and it seemed to try and fit a "modern bond" type... it was still fun but not the best execution. First half was much better then the second.
July 21, 2006 4:10:57 PM

Quote:
(who else can save the world, kill the bad guy and get the girl all in under 2 hours but bond?)


And who else can be bond but Sean Connery.

<edit>
that should be Sir Sean Connery
</edit
July 21, 2006 4:25:13 PM

exactly, sean connery is da man.
July 21, 2006 4:38:17 PM

I thought Brosnan was quite good too. The key to being a good Bond is to kill all the bad guys in a stylish way, then briefly pause to straighten the tie and deliver a one-line quip. Brosnan carried it off pretty well.
July 21, 2006 5:01:09 PM

yes, and much better then Timothy Dalton (and George Landsby!)... but still no Connery
!