My daughter deleted my users on my system so that her user
id would be the first one. Now that she has deleted it
noone can log on now. Windows comes up to the point of
trying to log a user on but the screen stays there and I
can't to anything. How do I get to a point so that I can
get to recycle bin to replace the user id?

okay, try this.
restart your computer, and while it begins to re-boot, hit the F8 key repeatedly. ( timing is kind of an issue here, so if it doesn't work the first time, keep tring until it does) This will bring you to a page that gives you options for starting in safe mode, as well as some other choices.
First, try to start the computer in Safe Mode. If that works, then try to do a System Restore.
To find System Restore, click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Then, restor it to the day before your daughter made the changes. If that day is not available, go to the next available day prior to the day your daughter made the changes. That, hopefully, should do the trick.

If that doesn't work, repeat the F8 thing, then try the 'Last known good configuration'
Please post back with your results

Gordon

"lvee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> okay, try this.
> restart your computer, and while it begins to re-boot, hit the F8 key
repeatedly. ( timing is kind of an issue here, so if it doesn't work the
first time, keep tring until it does) This will bring you to a page that
gives you options for starting in safe mode, as well as some other choices.
> First, try to start the computer in Safe Mode. If that works, then try to
do a System Restore.
> To find System Restore, click Start>All Programs>Accessories>System
Tools>System Restore
> Then, restor it to the day before your daughter made the changes. If that
day is not available, go to the next available day prior to the day your
daughter made the changes. That, hopefully, should do the trick.

Unfortunately System restore does not restore data, so even if that restores
the users, all the data will be gone if the OP's daughter did not choose to
save files!