  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
September 28, 2005 4:26:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

My latitude (PIII-650) doesn't show the picture half the time. This is from
startup so no screen shows at all, even for external monitor. Anyone have
similiar problem?
TIA,
David

More about : latitude problem

September 28, 2005 6:38:04 PM

"david" <davidg35@cox.net> wrote in message
> My latitude (PIII-650) doesn't show the picture half the time. This is
> from startup so no screen shows at all, even for external monitor. Anyone
> have similiar problem?
> TIA,
> David
>
>Forgot to mention that the times when the monitor DOES work is after the
>laptop has been running and is warmed up, I'll reboot and have a normal
>picture.
Thanks,
David
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 28, 2005 9:10:20 PM

david wrote:
> "david" <davidg35@cox.net> wrote in message
>> My latitude (PIII-650) doesn't show the picture half the time. This
>> is from startup so no screen shows at all, even for external
>> monitor. Anyone have similiar problem?
>> TIA,
>> David
>>
>> Forgot to mention that the times when the monitor DOES work is after
>> the laptop has been running and is warmed up, I'll reboot and have a
>> normal picture.
> Thanks,
> David

This could be a loose or burned connection on the inverter, a failing
fluorescent lamp, a spotty inverter, a simple loose power connection,
etc. You will have to open both the case and the display to track this
down. A voltmeter to measure the inverter output will be handy.