Verizon spyware noptify

I have posted a review of a recent telephone conversation with
a representative of Verizon Wireless' President Dennis Strigl.
It summarizes Verizon's concerns about the CD-ROM tracking
software, "noptify".

As noptify is installed without the permission or knowledge of
the computer owner, it fits the definition of "spyware".

Scroll both ways from this link for more information.
http://www.obri.net/verizon/#040419a

Jay O'Brien
Rio Linda, California

Jason Ludwig wrote:
> You're wrong...so none of the sites you go to use cookies or anything
> to track your usage? Yeah..that's what I thought.

Why would you say he is wrong? Many sites use cookies. Far
fewer plant tracking cookies that collect information other than
that pertaining to that specific site. I regularly block and sweep
tracking cookies. They are very much the minority in comparison
to the legitimate cookies. I suppose it depends on the type of
sites you frequent.

-Quick

Run SpyBot sometime. It's free.

You'd be surprised at what you find.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

"Quick" <Dave_horwitz@NOSPAMsbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:j0Zic.1417$wv3.392@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com...
> Jason Ludwig wrote:
> > You're wrong...so none of the sites you go to use cookies or anything
> > to track your usage? Yeah..that's what I thought.
>
> Why would you say he is wrong? Many sites use cookies. Far
> fewer plant tracking cookies that collect information other than
> that pertaining to that specific site. I regularly block and sweep
> tracking cookies. They are very much the minority in comparison
> to the legitimate cookies. I suppose it depends on the type of
> sites you frequent.
>
> -Quick

Not only SpyBot but I also use the paid version
of Ad-aware. I use those in conjunction with internet
sweeper to remove stuff.

There is not a whole lot that gets on there that I
don't know about.

-Quick