Welcome Screen & Password

Heather

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003

I am the administrator and only user of my computer. I
recently asked how to bypass the welcome screen and
followed the directions by going in thru control panel.
This is OK however I now receive a box popping up asking
for a password. As far as I know a password was never
set up and I just click OK without entering one and it
seems to accept this but I don't want to be bothered with
this either.
Is there a way of bypassing this?

Thanks.

Heather;

HOW TO: Automatically Log On a User Account in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes