Internet connection gone after system restore

I've had to do a system restore after all the text on my screen was replaced with "mumbo-jumbo" like little squares, triangles, question marks and oyher rubbish. Firstly, why does this happen quite regularly (maybe once every couple of weeks) and second, I have just changed ISP's yesterday and the first system restore point which got rid of the mumbo-jumbo text was before I installed the new ISP software. So I've lost Icons etc. What do I have to do to get them back? I've had to resort to an old pay-as-you-go ISP just to get this message in. Help much appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about internet connection system restore

    You don't say which icons you have lost so i assume you mean your isp
    internet connection icon.
    As you restored your system to a point prior to when you installed your new
    Isp you simply have to insert the 'new' isp cd into the cd rom and install
    it again.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "coliboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've had to do a system restore after all the text on my screen was
    > replaced with "mumbo-jumbo" like little squares, triangles, question marks
    > and oyher rubbish. Firstly, why does this happen quite regularly (maybe
    > once every couple of weeks) and second, I have just changed ISP's
    > yesterday and the first system restore point which got rid of the
    > mumbo-jumbo text was before I installed the new ISP software. So I've lost
    > Icons etc. What do I have to do to get them back? I've had to resort to an
    > old pay-as-you-go ISP just to get this message in. Help much appreciated.

Internet Service Providers Internet Connection System Restore Windows XP