Internet connection gone after system restore

May 6, 2004 9:01:02 PM

I've had to do a system restore after all the text on my screen was replaced with "mumbo-jumbo" like little squares, triangles, question marks and oyher rubbish. Firstly, why does this happen quite regularly (maybe once every couple of weeks) and second, I have just changed ISP's yesterday and the first system restore point which got rid of the mumbo-jumbo text was before I installed the new ISP software. So I've lost Icons etc. What do I have to do to get them back? I've had to resort to an old pay-as-you-go ISP just to get this message in. Help much appreciated.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 4:50:19 AM

You don't say which icons you have lost so i assume you mean your isp
internet connection icon.
As you restored your system to a point prior to when you installed your new
Isp you simply have to insert the 'new' isp cd into the cd rom and install
it again.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert