how can I get rid of the drop down window under the
address bar that shows web sites ive been to? I have
windows xp. thanks for any help.

Mike

Splendid

I don't know if it is possible to remove the dropdown
without entirely removing the address bar.

To clear the content in the address bar (note that this
will also clear your history, which you may want to keep)

1. Go to the Tools menu.
2. Click Internet Options.
3. Click Clear History

mike