cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I don’t know about all of you but 5 years ago I could have called my self a ‘TFCaholic’. Back in the collage days when I could literally wake up and play Team Fortress Classic till I went to sleep. The wonderful days when I could play as a scout and use stun grenades to fly all over the map like super man (without the man of steel part) and use the demo man to send enemy’s underestimating my class to their bloody end in the sky (literally).

I liked the game so much that it is still to this day in my list of ‘5 best multiplayer games of all time’. You could see servers full of entire strangers, helping each other out. Working as a real team, with not one selfish thought between them. Something I have never seen in any other multiplayer game to this date. It just had something special, something that brought all the players together for one common goal, to crush the other team!

Now after 5 years of waiting with 2 years of false hope thrown in it has finally been announced that Team Fortress 2 is being released!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/718/718838p1.html

Maybe I should quit my job now and prepare my self for 2 full years of solid Team Fortress 2… or am I being a bit to rash perhaps?

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Psssahhhhh TFC is not team fortress. Team fortress has only been good on quake 1 and quake 3 (known as Q3F).

p.s. if you didn't notice this is all opinion sooo you probably shouldn't take too much heart to this comment I'm not trying to troll.

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I'm excited about team fortress too... but after 5 years of BS... There is no way that TF2 will be good quality. (There is a small chance of it being good.)

I feel like if something gets work on it... then stops... then gets worked on it again ... repeat cycle/repeat cycle. Then it will be hard to be good!!

But IF it does come and IF it gets above 80% on PCGamer then I will play it! Ya you might have guessed I'm super skeptical lol. Even though I am a diehard TF gamer.

------

Played TF on quake 1 for... 3 years. Played TF on quake 3 for another 3 years lol. Six years total.

Colonel_Curly

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Well with the release of Episode 2 you will get your chance to play TF2 which I too am a very big fan off. Would jus play for days back in the day wen 128RAM was sufficient for gaming :lol:

Althoug be warned, I really hate the look of the new TF2/ It looks like a interactive disney movie. I hate the childish grpahic design of the game, check out some screenshots to see what I mean. I know its been designed using Pixar or some other disney graphics company but this is TF2 ffs. People explode in a shower of blood and guts! I'm thinking of giving this one miss to be honest. Valve should leave the mods to the modders.
I mean they're churning out these episodes of Half Life 2 instead of bothering to actually make a sequel and demmanding we pay them £25/$20 for a 5 hour game. They milking a fan made mod for their own corporate aims; getting more of their customer's money.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Ah god, TFC What a game. Specially that protect the VIP mode. We played that lots in college and if you can imagine an entire computer room screaming as the VIP ran for the safe area while everyone saw red dots appearing on his body. Ah jaysus. Those were the days. All the non pc students thought we had all gone insane.

Vesh

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I am really anticipating this one. I was pretty dedicated to a 24/7 Hunted server back in the day. It really made me sad when I logged into Steam to find a TFC game only to be stuck in a bot filled server.

I am wondering if they are going to have all the game modes like they did before such as territorial control (warpath) hunted etc. On a side note I remember after the original announcement of TF2 came out, starting up a clan with current Rainbow Six players I knew. :lol:

Colonel_Curly

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
The REAL t eam Fortress we've all been waiting for is here: http://www.fortress-forever.com/

Actually looks like the original models too :twisted:

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Just watched the trailer for TFC2 and my concerns:

Surely the game is not gonna be cell shaded? Please please please god no.

What's with the character changes. I'm playing a serious game not watching something made by pixar for kiddies.

sukard

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Psssahhhhh TFC is not team fortress. Team fortress has only been good on quake 1 and quake 3 (known as Q3F).

p.s. if you didn't notice this is all opinion sooo you probably shouldn't take too much heart to this comment I'm not trying to troll.

I almost agree 100% but Q3F was not even close to what TF was for Quake 1..I actually didn't like Q3F at all. I too think the only true TF was for Quake 1 and the day that valve took over I knew it would be a disaster.. I don't care what anyone says they will never change my mind about TF should be a Quake series game ONLY. Now I'm not saying I won't give TF2 or this fortress forever a TRY.. but i still think it will never ever compare to the old QWTF days.

syn1kk

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I don't care what anyone says they will never change my mind about TF should be a Quake series game ONLY. Now I'm not saying I won't give TF2 or this fortress forever a TRY.. but i still think it will never ever compare to the old QWTF days.

Amen to that brotha. =P

-------

I actually think the super serious Team Fortress look is complete $hit. It is SOOO cliched and just plain dull and boring. Team fortress was never about being serious. It was about fun. The whole reason TF was fun? The wacky physics and crazy gameplay lol.

I think it is ridiculous if you model a game to be serious looking when it needs wacky physics that lets you slide and bunny hop haha.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
It is irrelevant whether the Team Fortress for Quake was better or not, the point is that Team Fortress Classic was and still is a very good game. Team Fortress 2 also looks to be completely remodelled based on Team Fortress Classic. The reason TFC went well was because of the things you could do with all the tools, being able to as a scout use the grenades you where supplied to jump about over huge distances.

It was the thrill of it all and the feeling of self-accomplishment you got as you flew over 4 HWG’s and taken out 2 Turrets to capture the flag or gas the other team. It must be one of the most fast paste games to date with you running about like a mad man.

But as far as Team Fortress 2 is concerned, I believe the new graphic style will do it well as TFC was never meant to be a completely serious game. This will more than likely add to the comical value of the game.

Colonel_Curly

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Just watched the trailer for TFC2 and my concerns:

Surely the game is not gonna be cell shaded? Please please please god no.

What's with the character changes. I'm playing a serious game not watching something made by pixar for kiddies.

Exactly! Thank god a mod team is making a proper version of it (my link in previous post)