Jul 18, 2006
I have...

D805 OCed 4.1
Exos 2
7900GTX 512MB
GIGABYTE G1975X
2X1GB GEIL DDR2 677
600W SILVERSTONE STRIDER PSU

I just installed CS 1.6 cause i used to play that game... how come my FPS caps at 52 when its full screen? and the entire game SKIPPS when i run or walk...

I messed around with settings and changed it to windows mode, then my fps became +-100 but i had to use D3D not OpenGL...

the wrost thing is.. When i walk or run.. the screen freezes/skipps...

i tried all the cl_ commands but none seems working...

Please all the 1337 people here please share some insights... thanks!

TOM'S FOREVER!

oaksmokedbacon

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Cs1.6 is based on the old quake2 engine so its OpenGl. U'll get problems running it in D3d. Make sure you have the refresh lock on to get the maximum fps.

I get 100fps flat on full 32 player servers all the time. the only time this will drop is if u run through about 15 smoke grenades all thrown in one spot.

its also more CPU base than GPU, u can get 100fps witha gf2 ultra and 1.4 athlon Tbird.

Check u've got nothing eating resources, tho with that cpu u should be flying.

try uninstalling your drivers and resintalling them.

Make sure the settings are for full screen in the options. changing via the console can cause upsets.

maybe restinall steam (pile of pish it is) it may have not updated CS properly. I'd advise doing it late at night cos the servers get overloaded at peak times as Valve are useless.

The only other thing i can think of is that your internet connection is being used causing Lag spikes. this will create a stutter like effect, making u pause, then suddenly u appear in another spot.

Assuming your on adsl/cable use these settings in the config

Rate 20000
cl_updaterate 80
cl_cmdrate 80
cl_resend 2

hope this all helps