merid

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
I'm looking for a new keyboard preferably wireless, but i cant seem to find anything i like. just curious as to what everyone else uses for their games.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
eh, I have an old Logitech MX Duo that I use. It's pretty good and the biggest feature of all, is the wireless mouse as a rechargeable base and the keyboard and mouse aren't bluetooth! :tongue: Other than that, I haven't really seen any good gaming keyboards. Then again, I could be wrong...

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
If you're a hardcore FPS gamer, you'd probably be better getting a wired gaming keyboard.

if, like me, you're a general PC user who wants cheap, reliable keyboard, then wireless is a good way of reducing desktop clutter. I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set that does the trick. Only cost £20 for the OEM set, and has some nice features (multimedia controls on the keyboard - useful when watching stuff full-screen).

To be honest, Microsoft hardware is usually pretty good. I've never had any of it break. My old sidewinder controller lasted longer than FOUR consecutive Logitech gamepads put together, and is still going strong. The 360 controller I'm using to play ProEvo is pretty good too.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Here are some sick keyboards.....

The logitech g15:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2288,CONTENTID=10717

And coming out late this year:
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

The optimus is perfect for gamers because each key is an individual lcd screen. You can place any picture whereever you want and ....you can even have animated keys.

Pictures of guns for cs binds.
Spells for wow
Hotkeys for photoshop....

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

Wow, this is one amazing keyboard, very innovative indeed and no doubt will be an award winning in innovation when it comes out. I also like the mini tree keyboard. Bling bling. Simply stunning.

But no doubt this will come in a very high price but to have this one of a kind keyboard, it's just priceless. I think.

Human1

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2006
That's a pretty dang neat idea, wish I'd thought of it... :(
Anyway, if they made a ergonomic version (ala MS natural keyboards) I'd get one for sure. I can never remember all those photoshop keys!
For now I use a MS wireless keyboard and it works great. Batteries been going for over a year now.

infernal617

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
Wow, the optimus keyboard really rocks!!
It's price also is really heavy though.

Honestly, for gaming, I bought a various keyboards and gadgets but lastly, i bought a G15 from logitech and to be franc, that is trully one of the best keyboards I have ever used, I spilled coffee into a 2 month old G15, ruined it and then I went to buy a new one on the same day, just because I love it so much, the quick macro recording (on the fly!) is also pretty cool, maybe not for all tyoes of games but for RTS as an example, it is really one cool feature. The mini lcd screen is also noteworthy since you can download tons of free homebrew apps that can monitor various things like network traffic, teamspeak, CPU usage, temperature and hdd activity.

IMHO this keyboard really is the keyboard even though it is wired.

Anyways, just my opinion.