Limited User accounts - Don't work

May 7, 2004 3:34:43 PM

When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
to work properly?
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 3:07:09 PM

Hi John,

See if this helps:
http://users.westelcom.com/rogersr/xpsware.htm

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"John Castle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
> programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
> Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
> that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
> ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
> to work properly?
> Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
May 9, 2004 3:04:09 AM

John,

What exactly happens when you try to open Internet Explorer? Any error window? or the window just quits. I also see you've posted this in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin. Please post the result of following the answers there.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=U...

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell

"John Castle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fe501c43461$f72d7500$a101280a@phx.gbl...
When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
to work properly?
Thanks in advance.
May 9, 2004 9:53:32 AM

I had the same problem. Office 2000 couldn't set up
(including Outlook) and other programs just refused to
run.

What I did was create the accounts as Admin accounts, set
them all up as required, tested everything out then
changed them to Limited accounts. Everything is working
fine now.
!