Limited User accounts - Don't work

When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
to work properly?
Thanks in advance.
3 answers Last reply
More about limited user accounts work

    Hi John,

    See if this helps:
    http://users.westelcom.com/rogersr/xpsware.htm

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "John Castle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
    > programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
    > Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
    > that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
    > ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
    > to work properly?
    > Thanks in advance.

    John,

    What exactly happens when you try to open Internet Explorer? Any error window? or the window just quits. I also see you've posted this in microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin. Please post the result of following the answers there.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=a02b01c43476%249b9a6a30%24a601280a%40phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dauthor:John%2Bauthor:Castle%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3Da02b01c43476%25249b9a6a30%2524a601280a%2540phx.gbl%26rnum%3D1

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell

    "John Castle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9fe501c43461$f72d7500$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    When I set my wife and kids up with Limited user account,
    programms like Outlook and IE don't work. If I create
    Administrator accounts for them everything is fine, but
    that defeats the object of having separate accounts ie
    ref security of my files. How do I get Limited accounst
    to work properly?
    Thanks in advance.

    I had the same problem. Office 2000 couldn't set up
    (including Outlook) and other programs just refused to
    run.

    What I did was create the accounts as Admin accounts, set
    them all up as required, tested everything out then
    changed them to Limited accounts. Everything is working
    fine now.

Internet Explorer Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP