Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

AOL system information

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
May 7, 2004 9:40:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I can not get into the aol system information. When i
click on it , a message box pops up that says "aol
system info has enountered a problem and needs to close"
sorry for any inconvenince, any work may be lost" send
report to microsoft/dont send. i have uninstalled aol
several times and still the problem exists. AOL needs to
get into this information at times, and i cant open it to
check on anything. can somebody tell me what i need to do?

More about : aol system information

Anonymous
May 8, 2004 1:26:21 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Greetings --

I'm afraid you'll need to contact AOL's tech support for resolution
of problems with (or caused by) their product; Microsoft has no
control over AOL's product quality (or lack thereof).

Troubleshooting America Online in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=K...;EN-US;Q306478


Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html


You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH


"Donna" <Ovrtheedge02@aol.com> wrote in message
news:a1b901c43495$12b68720$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>I can not get into the aol system information. When i
> click on it , a message box pops up that says "aol
> system info has enountered a problem and needs to close"
> sorry for any inconvenince, any work may be lost" send
> report to microsoft/dont send. i have uninstalled aol
> several times and still the problem exists. AOL needs to
> get into this information at times, and i cant open it to
> check on anything. can somebody tell me what i need to do?
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 8:49:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

The most invasive virus distributed on the internet (-:

--
Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospamcableone.net> wrote in message
news:uQUYlwKNEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Greetings --
>
> I'm afraid you'll need to contact AOL's tech support for resolution
> of problems with (or caused by) their product; Microsoft has no
> control over AOL's product quality (or lack thereof).
>
> Troubleshooting America Online in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/directory/article.asp?ID=K...;EN-US;Q306478
>
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> --
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>
> You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
> both at once. -- RAH
>
>
> "Donna" <Ovrtheedge02@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:a1b901c43495$12b68720$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>>I can not get into the aol system information. When i
>> click on it , a message box pops up that says "aol
>> system info has enountered a problem and needs to close"
>> sorry for any inconvenince, any work may be lost" send
>> report to microsoft/dont send. i have uninstalled aol
>> several times and still the problem exists. AOL needs to
>> get into this information at times, and i cant open it to
>> check on anything. can somebody tell me what i need to do?
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
May 9, 2004 5:46:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Donna wrote:
> I can not get into the aol system information. When i
> click on it , a message box pops up that says "aol
> system info has enountered a problem and needs to close"
> sorry for any inconvenince, any work may be lost" send
> report to microsoft/dont send. i have uninstalled aol
> several times and still the problem exists. AOL needs to
> get into this information at times, and i cant open it to
> check on anything. can somebody tell me what i need to do?

1) Take the AOHELL CD

2) If you are old enough to drive, and have a licence, place it in the
middle of the drive and back over it several times.

3) If you are not old enough to drive - or don't have a licence - place
said CD in the microwave and cook on full power for a couple of minutes - it
really is fascinating, and most satisfying, to watch.

4) Place resulting mess in the rubbish

5) Pick up the phone, call AOHELL 'Customer Service' and tell them you
wish to cancel your account.

6) Ask people for recommendations for a proper ISP.

7) Call new ISP of choice and sign up.

There! Problem solved.

Unfortunately, removing AOHELL's trojanic software will, most likely,
require a complete format and reinstall.
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 5:52:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

This is the least of your problems. Your computer is infected with AOL, the
most destructive piece of code ever written. I would recommend a clean
install and certainly to never install AOL on your computer if you ever hope
to have it run normally.

Bobby

"Donna" <Ovrtheedge02@aol.com> wrote in message
news:a1b901c43495$12b68720$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>I can not get into the aol system information. When i
> click on it , a message box pops up that says "aol
> system info has enountered a problem and needs to close"
> sorry for any inconvenince, any work may be lost" send
> report to microsoft/dont send. i have uninstalled aol
> several times and still the problem exists. AOL needs to
> get into this information at times, and i cant open it to
> check on anything. can somebody tell me what i need to do?
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 12:44:49 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

> 5) Pick up the phone, call AOHELL 'Customer Service' and tell them you
> wish to cancel your account.
>

LOL. That is easier said than done. Trying to cancel an AOL account
is like trying to get the IRS to admit they made a mistake on your tax
returns. First you have to get thru the AOL cancellation operator, who will
try every trick in the book to change your mind. If you are stubborn enough
to overcome that, your trouble may not be over. I bought a new Dell last
year, and decided to use the 6 months free of AOL on my 2nd, older computer.
I knew AOL was a lame ISP, but it was free, so I figured "hey, what harm can
it do?" I cancelled AOL after 3 months, yet I have recieved two bills from
them wondering why I haven't paid my fees. It took a lot of explaining, and
some heated exchanges with some clueless operators before I could finally
convince them that I cancelled AOL long before the free time expired and
that I owed them nothing. I have cancelled that particular account 3 times
now, and so far, they haven't bothered me again about it. I will never
install AOL on my computer again.
!