Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GA-7VRX

Last response: in Motherboards
June 6, 2002 9:47:03 AM

I just bought the above board and I'm sort of regretting it having read some of the other posts :-/. Still, <shrug> does anyone know if the board can run asynchronusly ie Memory at one speed (166MHz) and system bus at another (133MHz). Reason being I've set the memory option in Bios to 333 but looking at system with SiSoft Sandra plus the hardware monitoring program that camewith the board it still shows Ram speed as 133MHz (134) to be exact!

Does anyone know if this is accurate, or are the program(s) not reading it right?

Thanks for any replies, and apologies if the question has been asked/answered before (I did check).

More about : gigabyte 7vrx

June 8, 2002 7:21:49 PM

what is the purpose of your post?
June 9, 2002 12:30:07 AM

Asynchronous memory was only possible with the KX133 chipset and other like it. What it did was run the FSB at 100Mhz, then have the option to run the memory at 133. It did this by doing 100FSB+33PCI=133Mhz memory. You can do the equivalent of this with DDR by buying PC2700 modules since your board supports them. If your modules are PC2100 you cannot run them in 166Mhz mode. If they are PC2700 you should be able to. It's possible you changed it to 333 but the bios auto-detected it as being wrong and changes it back every time you start your computer. Make sure you're using PC2700.

Censorship makes us so much more creative.
!