Buying windows 7 - What is the "branded" version?

promoth

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I'm looking at this "branded" version of Windows 7 64-bit home for $75.
It's for a new computer I'm building.

http://www.softwaresupplygroup.com/microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-oem-branded.html

GFC 00599 is the normal product number for the $99 version. This one is GFC 00599-brd

The website selling it is not that clear in the video. Maybe I'm just not understanding something correctly.

I can't seem to find much about branding and what I do find may not apply to this.
Is this just a version with optional HP logos and things like that?

The bigger question is will it work on a computer I'm building and also not ad it up.

Anyone seen this before? It's new to me.

Solution
Odd site, they seem to be legit though, they prices for the OEM versions seem inline what a system builder would pay. The only thing is that those versions should not be sold to regular end-users, so it's a bit shady. They do have some full products as well, for example Office 2003 full is over $300 which is about the right price for that.

promoth

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Yeah, that's what I figured. I agree that it questionable, but softwaresupplyguy is a highly rated seller. I sent them an email lastnight asking and I have yet to get a reply.
I ordered it for $92 from superbiiz anyway.

Odd site, they seem to be legit though, they prices for the OEM versions seem inline what a system builder would pay. The only thing is that those versions should not be sold to regular end-users, so it's a bit shady. They do have some full products as well, for example Office 2003 full is over $300 which is about the right price for that.

Solution

promoth

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I got this in an email back from them.

"The branded ones will work on any system. The 2nd cd in the set is full install media, the 1st cd is an upgrade so use just the 2nd cd.

David"