Start Menu for limited accounts

I have two limited accounts on my system - one for my
wife and another for my 9 year old daughter.

I'd like to modify the Start menu for each of these
users. Specifically, I don't want my daughter having
access to any System Maintenance functions (including
Tweak UI) that could potentially damage my system if she
plays around with them.

I can't seem to delete any items from the Start Menu
unless I'm logged in as an Administrator and I don't want
these changes to be system wide, but rather for specific
users only.

Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about start menu limited accounts

    Jeremy wrote:
    > I have two limited accounts on my system - one for my
    > wife and another for my 9 year old daughter.
    >
    > I'd like to modify the Start menu for each of these
    > users. Specifically, I don't want my daughter having
    > access to any System Maintenance functions (including
    > Tweak UI) that could potentially damage my system if she
    > plays around with them.
    >
    > I can't seem to delete any items from the Start Menu
    > unless I'm logged in as an Administrator and I don't want
    > these changes to be system wide, but rather for specific
    > users only.
    >
    > Can anyone offer any information? Thanks in advance.

    C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME

    Put anything you want everyone to see in the "ALL USERS" start menu.
    Put anything you want for the individual users in their corresponding Start
    Menu folders.

    Essentially, you may (if you want your wife and yourself to have some things
    the same and your child not to have some of that) have duplicate copies in
    different Start Menu areas.

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Thanks - that did the trick. Surprisingly it didn't work
    quite the way I expected. Initially I copied all the
    Shared Start Menu items into my Start Menu and then tried
    deleting the unwanted ones from the Shared folder. This
    resulted in all instances of the item (including MINE!)
    being deleted.

    Instead, I ended up moving the items (right click and
    drag) from the Shared folder to My folder and that worked
    just fine.

    Thanks for your help - I appreciate it.

Start Menu Microsoft Windows XP