dagonoth

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
My only issue of these episodic games is that they are too short. The first one's play time was about 5 hours. The second one will probably be about the same.

People will say, "but they only cost 20 bucks," so if you buy three of them you're spending 60 bucks for 15 hours of gameplay, this is of course ignoring replayability and team fortress.

You could pick up the original when it first came out for 50 bucks and it felt like a much more complete game.

Episodic games are just another way of sapping money from the consumer, just like the expansion packs for mmorpgs, they don't add enough to make it worth the money to a lot of people.

Giraffe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
I agree that Episodic Games are crap
The 3 episodes of hl2 work out aprox the same gameplay/price of hl2 but u have to wait ages to get the set.
If u buy a full game u get the whole thing straight away. no waiting.

The only reason they make episodic games is for $$$

Vesh

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Yeah my understanding is Valve is using a new renderer to produce the foliage and long draw distances they will use with the outdoor areas. There have also been changes to the dynamic lighting and shadowing system. Also there is a good possibility there will be motion blurring and depth of field effects used. Should be exciting to see what Valve is cooking up for us.

ANIA_fanboy

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2006
I think most people miss the point when it comes to eposidic games.

Would you wait for the whole season of a show to be available until you watched it?

But that is beside the point as I see it...

Concentrating on a good story line and graphics in short spurts me produce a better end product (or slowly bleed us out of cash like EA games and the damn Sims)

Okay, now I will comment off the subject briefly...

The damn Sims2 had an expansion pack just months after the orginal release. This leads me to think that it was done in time to include the it in the orginal release. I don't need to go on, right...

night life
open for business
downtown
university
hot date
superstar
unleashed
family stuff
house party
vacation
AND OTHERS...

Dammit now I'm really mad :evil: looking at all the crap I've bought just to make my lovely wife happy!

I guess I should be happy that she plays games like I do :?

What was I saying?