illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
Hi, i got hold of Crysis specs min, and recomended, these are the highlyprobable specs.

An admin on the unofficial Crysis forums has speculated at the specs for the upcoming first person shooter Crysis. Although the specs aren't official he claims to have put in a fair amount time researching the subject.

Minimum Requirements:

* CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
* Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
* RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
* HDD: 6GB
* Internet: 256k+
* Optical Drive: DVD
* Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements:

* CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
* Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
* RAM: 1.5Gb
* HDD: 6GB
* Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
* Optical Drive: DVD
* Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

these are specs posted by an admin member of the crysis forum so i would say that these are the rather(sadly) "true" specs :cry:

enjoy
info taken from the crysis forums

aj6065

Distinguished
May 31, 2006
Those specs look a little low to me. The minimum may be correct. But I doubt the recommended setup will be able to play the game on high. 8O :(

airvents

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
wow my system feels really underpowered right now..... 8O i know it wasnt the best but damn i just got it last year :( and im gonna have to upgrade to play the Half life of next year.....

kye3k1

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I dont think any of todays graphics cards have enough power to play the game on high, you will need to wait for the DX10 cards since after all it will be a DX10 game. And I would say at least 2GB for recommended. At least I know that the Core 2 Duos will be fine, after all they out preform every single processor out today 8)

illuminatirex

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2006
i agrie, but maby the devs made the game in a way that it would be scalable, of course the nice graphics wont be there, but "it will work", so i think it might be like in oblivion that one can regulate the ligne of sight, but honestly i doubt that any "regular" pc would hndle this game so that the user would have a "nice" experience

To be honest i think that the gaming nowedays is just extremely demanding, considering the fact that that 2 years ago or so people could play almost all the games but with different options turned on or off, and novedays to be able to play certain games is just "weird", they wil either work or they will not work at all, the scalability has dissapeared, it seams as if the devs do not care anymore about "all" the gamers, but those who have the best of the best hardware, that is sad :cry:

kye3k1

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
It might be something to do with consoles. They have made such a big impact recently, namely the 360 because of all this high def stuff. Now they are so used to working with one type of hardware its just too much hassle for them to broaden the gap. Current games arent too bad though, except of course Oblivion and the likes.

Hopefully Direct X 10 will fix this because of its unified driver structure or something. I dont quite know how it all works but apparently DX10 will help budget cards the most.

Colonel_Curly

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Thanks for postin the specs, they're a good indicator for the game.
Though i'm depressed by the thought of not being able to play it if the devs do push it so that only the higher end systems can run it.

Even though it says 2.8ghz processor needed for minimum running ability wwould that just be in the intel range? Or would my X2 4200 cpu not have the power to run it? I've got 2gig RAM and the 7950 in my system, so I'm hopin I can run it :)