Problem with clock gaining time?

Hi

I have 3 new PCs on a small LAN and all use Windows XP I have found that the
clocks on all of them gain by about one and a half minutes every 2 hours.
Most PCs I have come across could never be called acurate time keeper but to
be out by this much is not good. Does anyone have any ideas?

--
Kind Regards

Mick

Hi Mick,

strangely enough I had the same problem a couple of years ago; but I am not
sure if it is for the same reason that you have. I am a Canadian now living
in germany. I brought my PC with me and just used a step-down transformer to
compensate for the difference between 220 and 110 Volts. The problem is, the
step down transformer didn't compensate for the Herz difference. Being in
North America 50Hz and in Europe 60Hz. It wasn't just my computer that was
running faster and hotter, so were all of my alarm clocks etc. If you have
the same thing, you are going to have to replace your power supply, that was
the only thing that I could do; and it wasn't that expensive for a 350 Watt
power supply anyway. A worthwhile investment.

I hope it helps you

GL

"Mick Southam" <micksoutham@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have 3 new PCs on a small LAN and all use Windows XP I have found that
the
> clocks on all of them gain by about one and a half minutes every 2 hours.
> Most PCs I have come across could never be called acurate time keeper but
> be out by this much is not good. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> --
> Kind Regards
>
> Mick

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

First, North America has 60Hz and Europe has 50Hz. Secondly, the line
frequency has nothing whatsoever to do with time. The time is controlled by an
oscillator. Electric clocks (North American) are frequency synchronous motors
and will run faster at 50 hz. Almost all power supplies in computers will run
at 50 or 60 Hz. So, you better guess again.