Buying the right gaming mouse??

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Mice
  • Wireless Mouse
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 30, 2006 3:59:15 AM

HI guys & gals, I play a lot of first person shooters and have a wireless mouse I have now- MX 1000 Logitech 800 DPI. I do like the fact that theres no wires but my problem is that when play Ghost Recon AW/GRAW or others ether panning left to right is way to fast for me to track and target an enemy far away and then die. On the flip side if I turn down the pointer sensitivity I can target and track then kill the enemy very quickly but if he comes from behind me i'm toast, because with the sensitivity is so low. I want the best of both worlds. Can I have say a high pointer sensitivity with a mouse that has a higher DPI like 1600-2000 and have more res at higher pointer sets? My framerates on most games are above 60fps no problem there, also I have a billet surface 1030 gaming mouse pad using the rough side. How about sanding my mouse feet a little? They are over a year old and look glazed on the bottom? Mouse lag has never happened, but not owning a wired mouse I would not be 100% sure. It would be cool if Logitech would make a mouse so that when you click zoom it would automaticly switch to a preset DPI setting so you don't have to press and then unpress bottons in the heat of battle!

More about : buying gaming mouse

July 31, 2006 8:46:53 PM

Hey dude, have you heard of Logitech G7 wireless gaming mouse?
It has on the fly buttons for switching between 400 and up to 2000 dpi.

Here's the link :
Logitech G7

Or

Tom's hardware
August 3, 2006 10:02:25 AM

IMO a mouse is a mouse
as long as it is laser and wireless. they r all good enough 4 me.
i dont notice a difference between 100+$ mouse and a 10$ mouse exept 4 a couple buttons on the side.
it isnt as if a 500 or less DPI mouse lags or anythin
Related resources
August 3, 2006 4:39:50 PM

Neither have I. Its all in the wrists. I have used the 10$ microsoft ball mouse and the mx700 and the only thing i like beter for sure on the mx700 is the extra buttons. and yes I play FPS games and snipe.
August 4, 2006 9:46:30 PM

i personally hate hate hate hate hate wireless mouses... first because u have to replace batteries if they dont have a charger and its heavier and imho they dont work as well... i have a MX518 and i love it to death :D  , im not sure on the dpi but it can switch with a few buttons, its light and will serve you well :) , i bought mine for $50 i think but by now its probably only 35 or something like that.. anyways i suggest you invest in a logitech mouse of some kind (not wireless of course)
August 5, 2006 6:51:02 PM

I'd recommend either the Razer Copperhead, Razer Diamondback, or Logitech G5. That way you don't have to deal with batteries running out while you're playing. Wired mice are also cheaper.
August 6, 2006 3:43:06 PM

i use 2 mouses, one for gming ( an optical mouse wired ) and one for non gaming (mx700 logitech). i find the weight of the logitech mouse quite a handicap in gaming as it takes a lot longer to lug around when quickly turning. (yes im weak :D  )
anywho, i get the best of bothworlds!!! :) 
But if you want just one mouse, id recomend the logitech G7.
August 9, 2006 2:55:49 AM

Quote:
I'd recommend either the Razer Copperhead, Razer Diamondback, or Logitech G5. That way you don't have to deal with batteries running out while you're playing. Wired mice are also cheaper.

+1. I got the MX518...my 510 broke...from someone stupid. Made them pay for it:) 

Good, solid mouse. The G5 is supposed to have slipplier bottom things to glide along mousepads easier=better than 518. Get one of what he said. You won't be disappointed.
August 9, 2006 9:10:06 AM

id recommend a 3 button rollerball mouse, feel the history! it doesnt matter if it gets clogged up, thats just adding to the fun! forget the scroll! thats why you have 10 fingers and thumbs, best get to practice!
August 9, 2006 9:12:48 AM

I love wireless mouses and could never go back to a wired

i only have a Labtec Wireless optical pro mouse
no1 has probly even heard of it
it cost me 10$ on special.(yes im poor)

It has 2 extra buttons, isnt very heavy(not that i think it matters coz u dont even have to lift it)
I use it for many hours every day and only have to change the batteries every 5-6 months(i hav rechargable's anyway)

When i use computers elsewhere(friends, internet cafe, or wherever and they have wired mouses the cord always hits something or gets in the way and makes me die if im playing a game.
August 9, 2006 7:26:35 PM

dude a mouse is a mouse but most everyone prefers wireless, i think, and i cant tell a difference between the different wireless ones.
August 9, 2006 8:54:16 PM

Quote:
i personally hate hate hate hate hate wireless mouses... first because u have to replace batteries if they dont have a charger and its heavier and imho they dont work as well... i have a MX518 and i love it to death :D  , im not sure on the dpi but it can switch with a few buttons, its light and will serve you well :) , i bought mine for $50 i think but by now its probably only 35 or something like that.. anyways i suggest you invest in a logitech mouse of some kind (not wireless of course)

The G7 comes with two very light lithium ion batteries with a charger/wireless station. You can use this station or just the usb plug and the mouse. There is a good battery meter so you can change it before you start playing if you notice that it's low (charge one while using the other) takes about 2 seconds to change the battery out. It comes with change on the fly dpi like the G5 and it doesn't lag that I've noticed.

I also have the diamondback and it's a very nice mouse as well. A little too small and light but some like that.
August 10, 2006 2:52:09 PM

Quote:

The G7 comes with two very light lithium ion batteries with a charger/wireless station. You can use this station or just the usb plug and the mouse. There is a good battery meter so you can change it before you start playing if you notice that it's low (charge one while using the other) takes about 2 seconds to change the battery out. It comes with change on the fly dpi like the G5 and it doesn't lag that I've noticed.

I also have the diamondback and it's a very nice mouse as well. A little too small and light but some like that.

I own the G5. Its a wired mouse, but it gets the job done. I use to use a wireless Dell mouse, but i would swap the recharge batteries almost every 3 days, sometimes less. The G7 has gotten good feedback from what i have heard, and the MX1000 i guess could be considered more of a gaming mouse, than a office mouse. Either the MX1000, G5, or G7 i will recommend. I dont enjoy the feel of Razer, i guess it tends to cramp peoples hands easily? That's what i have heard, never used one to tell you the truth.
August 15, 2006 3:37:12 PM

Buy a GS7 if you have the money it is by far the best gaming mouse out there.
August 15, 2006 8:53:18 PM

I use a G5 mouse, and it by far has beasted every other mouse i've owned (all being logitech). On the fly dpi change with a good driver set plus the weights, which are pretty much just for preference, make it an all around excellent deal. Of course if you get the G7 wireless you loose out on the weights, but hey, not that big of a deal.
August 20, 2006 2:54:42 AM

A mouse is a mouse is a mouse in my opinion.
August 22, 2006 2:17:43 AM

I have a LOgiTeCh MX 518 mouse the features i like is that i can change the DPI on the fly, 2 buttons around the mouse wheel very nice for FPS IMO, once you get used to it otherwise i would still use a ball mouse still, used one up till last year lawl.
September 4, 2006 12:43:54 AM

i like the copperhead mouse. its served me very well.
!