Newsgroup Reader

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good newsgroup reader/poster (if that makes sense!)

I've heard some people say Google Groups, but it always takes about 7 hours
(literally) for a message to be uploaded, though you can search archives
going back to the Jurassic era.

At the moment I use Outlook Express, but I can't work out how to alter the
way my email address appears so that it says something tom@nospam.com. One
thing I do like about OE is that it just works through your ISP mail server
and so the messages you post appear immediately.

Also, can't work out how you can quote the message you're replying to,
automatically adding pre-set text around the quotation.

Any recommendations much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

>> At the moment I use Outlook Express, but I can't work out how to alter
the
way my email address appears so that it says something tom@nospam.com. One
thing I do like about OE is that it just works through your ISP mail server
and so the messages you post appear immediately.

Right click on the server name in the left "Folders" pane in OE and select
Properties. Then edit your address as you wish.

--
Chris Lanier
Microsoft MVP - Digital Media
"Tom Smith" <t.smith315@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good newsgroup reader/poster (if that makes sense!)
>
> I've heard some people say Google Groups, but it always takes about 7
hours
> (literally) for a message to be uploaded, though you can search archives
> going back to the Jurassic era.
>
> At the moment I use Outlook Express, but I can't work out how to alter the
> way my email address appears so that it says something tom@nospam.com. One
> thing I do like about OE is that it just works through your ISP mail
server
> and so the messages you post appear immediately.
>
> Also, can't work out how you can quote the message you're replying to,
> automatically adding pre-set text around the quotation.
>
> Any recommendations much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Go up to Tools, then in Accounts, go to the tab for News, and hit the
Properties button and edit you email address as you would like it to appear.

Cool...............see you on the golf course.

"Tom Smith" <t.smith315@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone recommend a good newsgroup reader/poster (if that makes sense!)
>
> I've heard some people say Google Groups, but it always takes about 7
hours
> (literally) for a message to be uploaded, though you can search archives
> going back to the Jurassic era.
>
> At the moment I use Outlook Express, but I can't work out how to alter the
> way my email address appears so that it says something tom@nospam.com. One
> thing I do like about OE is that it just works through your ISP mail
server
> and so the messages you post appear immediately.
>
> Also, can't work out how you can quote the message you're replying to,
> automatically adding pre-set text around the quotation.
>
> Any recommendations much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

"Tom Smith" <t.smith315@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> Also, can't work out how you can quote the message you're replying to,
> automatically adding pre-set text around the quotation.

you can't with OE.