Installed XP and still have 98, Help!!

I installed XP while using 98. There were no prompts to
do anything and now I have 98 on my C drive and XP on my
D drive. Now I keep getting messages that my memory is
low on my D drive. How can I fix this?

Hello
You will have to boot from the XP cd and delete the partition with XP on it.
Boot from the cd select enter>F8> then follow the instructions.

Then after that is done if you are trying to upgrade from 98 then start your
computer then put the XP cd in and choose upgrade (not full install)

If you are wanting to do a full install then follow this link.
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/cleanxp.htm
or

Hope This Helps
Haus
Not a MS-MVP
Not a MVP
Not nothing, just a good ole boy.
"BeckyN" <negretejb@netzero.net> wrote in message
> I installed XP while using 98. There were no prompts to
> do anything and now I have 98 on my C drive and XP on my
> D drive. Now I keep getting messages that my memory is
> low on my D drive. How can I fix this?

Hi,

How you proceed depends greatly on what you want to have.

Did you just want to fix the low memory problem? Or did you want to upgrade
the Win98 system?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/