no more system restore

Hi,
I updated to the Bata edition. After 1 week I removed it.
Now my system restore will not work at all.
How do I get it back?
Thanks in advance.
Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.
4 answers Last reply
More about system restore

    Hi,

    I'm, assuming that you mean you tried the SP2 beta?

    Once System Restore goes bad, the only thing you can do is stop it and
    restart it. Start/run services.msc, locate the SR service and doubleclick
    it. Click the stop button, then set the startup type dropdown to disabled.
    Click apply/ok, then reboot.

    Then, check the "System Volume Information folder" on each drive (you may
    need to set folder options/view tab to see hidden and system folders for
    this) and delete any contents. Reverse the steps to restart it.

    Be forewarned that doing this removes all existing restore points, but it
    doesn't really matter as they weren't working anyways.

    If this does not help, follow these steps to reinstall System Restore:

    Go to the Control Panel/Folder Options/View tab, set it to "Show hidden
    files and folders" and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files
    [recommended]". Also uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

    Then, open Windows Explorer from Start/All Programs and go to the
    C:\Windows\Inf folder. Locate the sr.inf file, right-click it and choose
    install.

    You may need to either insert your WinXP CD or know where your I386 folder
    is located on the hard drive. You may also need to know where the
    \ServicePackFiles folder is (usually under the Windows directory).

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    "mctiger" <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I updated to the Bata edition. After 1 week I removed it.
    > Now my system restore will not work at all.
    > How do I get it back?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

    Hi,
    The message I get is---
    System Restore encountered an error trying to
    enable\disable one or more drives.
    Please restart your computer and try again.
    This does not work! I have no conflicts in Device Manager either.
    Thanks in advance.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 01:16:39 GMT, mctiger <wmckeeby@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I updated to the Bata edition. After 1 week I removed it.
    >Now my system restore will not work at all.
    >How do I get it back?
    >Thanks in advance.
    >Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

    Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

    Thank you so much for your help. It worked fine.
    I was wondering if I can ask another question.
    In my Control Pannel- there are two Network Connection icons.
    When I delete 1 of them-It effects both of them.
    How can I correct this without affecting the good one?
    Thanks in advance.
    Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

    Delete them both, then recreate the one you want.

    --

    > Thank you so much for your help. It worked fine.
    > I was wondering if I can ask another question.
    > In my Control Pannel- there are two Network Connection icons.
    > When I delete 1 of them-It effects both of them.
    > How can I correct this without affecting the good one?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Microsoft System Restore Windows XP