board not fast enough for cpu

doob

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
i have an azza pt-5it mboard and a cyrix 333 cpu,the problem is that my board doesnt support anything over a 233 speed.(or so the official jumper settings say) i was inspired by the article on overclocking the asus p55t2p4 mboard on this site and need help implementing it on mine. any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

later....

doob

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2002
thanks anyway.
I'll just keep trying till this board blows up or i smash it like a rubics cube

later....

Remember that breaking things is cool. And alcohol is full of vitamins and minerals (that's what I tell my sister's kids anyway).

Sex is great but it's no substitute for the real thing.....

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
Breaking things is cool, certainly, but setting fire to them/blowing them up is <i>much</i> cooler :cool: .

Take a slo-mo film of it being shot with a shotgun or something. Now <i>that</i> would be <i>really</i> cool.

<font color=blue><i>Your</i> PC may be quieter, but <i>my</i> PC makes a better hairdryer!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, the AMD K6-2 is a 2.2v CPU, but it will actually work fine at any voltage of 2.8v or below as long as it's properly cooled. For high voltage levels I recommend an Athlon/Duron cooler.

With the K6-2, the 2x multiplier is interpreted as 6x by the CPU, I believe the purpose behind this design was to ease implementation of overdrive useage. So using the 133 speed setting with the Pentium MMX voltage setting gives you 400MHz with proper cooling. Lower than 2.8v is a bonus for cooling, higher bus speed is a bonus for clocking up.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?