Anybody here like the game ?

People been Upgrading there computers for that game

i dont think its a good game to uprade there videocard for, IMO

anythoughts......

no sh!t talking plz

:D
28 answers Last reply
More about oblivion question
  1. its a pretty good game,but no its definately not worth spending money on a new video card lol.
  2. 300-400$ for a 50$ game

ehhh

:D
  3. if you were considering upgrading anyway then yea lol. but otherwise don't upgrade just for the game.
  4. Quote:
    if you were considering upgrading anyway then yea lol. but otherwise don't upgrade just for the game.

unless its Crysis :D
  5. Matters how much income per week/month/year..etc you get.
    Vid card? No, cpu, yes.
  6. It's more of a catalyst to cause you to ^grade, makes you think;
    "wow, my video card has crap frames with this game. Id better get a new one!"
    I think that it's a pretty good time to ^grade to be honest, the cards are finally in a stable mid cycle, no one really knows when the next gen is gonna come out, DirectX 10 wont come out till vista which might be pushed back to january if you believe the hype, the 7900GT is an exicellent buy, SLI and quid SLI is emerging hopefully pushing single GPU prices down more.
  7. A lot/most of the people your thinking about bought/built a pretty sweet computer a few years ago and while it's older/out of date, it still played everything/most things without a problem. They've been looking for an excuse to upgrade, Oblivion is this excuse for a lot of PC enthusiasts. Most/all of them I'd reckon aren't just upgrading for Oblivion, they like upgrading and like having the newest stuff.
    They like the idea of.
    "You gain 2 levels"
    E-peen +2"
  8. Quote:
    if you were considering upgrading anyway then yea lol. but otherwise don't upgrade just for the game.

unless its Crysis :D

Crysis is going to be insane, graphics and gameplay wise. i guess minimum requirements, graphics wise is like a x850xt or a 6800GT? And the recommended is like a x1900 series or Geforce 79 series and above? Correct if im wrong please. But back to oblivion; Its not worth spending 2-300 bucks on a new graphics card just to play a game, that doesnt even allow online multiplayer gaming(well thats what World of Warcraft is for i guess) Personally, im not a big fan of MMORPG's or RPG's in general. More of a Fps/RTS kinda guy. Thats just my opinions though.
  9. It's a visually gorgeous game but realistically to run at resolutions above 1600x1200 fluidly, you are going to have to wait for 6 months to a year from now to fully harness it in all of it's glory.
  10. true, im waiting for the new ATi x1950 should be a real bang for the dollar
  11. Quote:
    A lot/most of the people your thinking about bought/built a pretty sweet computer a few years ago and while it's older/out of date, it still played everything/most things without a problem. They've been looking for an excuse to upgrade, Oblivion is this excuse for a lot of PC enthusiasts. Most/all of them I'd reckon aren't just upgrading for Oblivion, they like upgrading and like having the newest stuff.
    They like the idea of.
    "You gain 2 levels"
    E-peen +2"

Heh it's almost as if you quoted another post I made regarding same thing (On these forums even).
    A lot of posts asking the same Q, read first 2-3 pages before posting if your not very active, chanes are there may be a thread asking same thing :wink:
    ++agree I suppose.
  12. I don't think Oblivion is worth upgrading for. It's fun, but not that fun! I bought it and haven't played it much. For some reason, it's just not incredibly fun to me (and I've been busy).
  13. the whole Creature running around and throwing Magic juice at eachother dont seem like fun to me ..
  14. Quote:
    the whole Creature running around and throwing Magic juice at eachother dont seem like fun to me ..

LOL nice :lol:
  15. I try :wink:

can anybody list the games they Like ? and why ??

k For Me i like battlefield 2 becuase, the gameplay is nice and the weapons r soo fun to use, also i like doing other things to like flying the Jety and flying the helicopter

i also like playing Half-life 2, going around in god mode and impusle 101 with all the weapons and dead Fat Police and stupid Zombies getting blown up

aww good times good times
  16. Quote:
    I try :wink:

can anybody list the games they Like ? and why ??

k For Me i like battlefield 2 becuase, the gameplay is nice and the weapons r soo fun to use, also i like doing other things to like flying the Jety and flying the helicopter

i also like playing Half-life 2, going around in god mode and impusle 101 with all the weapons and dead Fat Police and stupid Zombies getting blown up

aww good times good times

Not an attack on you.
    However I don't see how Oblivion is lesser a game or fun than mindlessly running around causing carnage on god mode.
    While I agree I like to load up a FPS or some battlefield equivalent and snipe things or go on a rampage.
    I just don't see how one could do this for much time.
    I'm guessing moreso the whole RPG/strategy thing just isn't your bag.
  17. I think the biggest appeal in Oblivion is the openness. I can go anywhere I want and do anything I want. Once you get to a high enough level you can go and wipe out whole villages or hunt down vampires in all of their caves. Be good or evil. I didn't upgrade my computer to play oblivion, I was content running it on pretty low settings and I just had fun running around doing whatever I wanted. I beat it once and now when I load it up my wife rolls her eyes and groans "not again." Is it worth upgrading for... no, but its an interesting game.
  18. Quote:
    I think the biggest appeal in Oblivion is the openness. I can go anywhere I want and do anything I want. Once you get to a high enough level you can go and wipe out whole villages or hunt down vampires in all of their caves. Be good or evil. I didn't upgrade my computer to play oblivion, I was content running it on pretty low settings and I just had fun running around doing whatever I wanted. I beat it once and now when I load it up my wife rolls her eyes and groans "not again." Is it worth upgrading for... no, but its an interesting game.

Sounds reasonable enough. My friends are always yacking about how cool it is because you can do anything/go anywhere. Anyway, I guess it's just not for me.
  19. It all comes down to what you like. It takes a well designed and fun FPS to get me to play it, but I'll play almost every RPG. I liked FEAR, Farcry, and Half life 2, but I hate both halos and most other FPS. I guess I'm mostly a RPGer at heart.
  20. Quote:
    It all comes down to what you like. It takes a well designed and fun FPS to get me to play it, but I'll play almost every RPG. I liked FEAR, Farcry, and Half life 2, but I hate both halos and most other FPS. I guess I'm mostly a RPGer at heart.

I'm just picky about all games I guess :). I love some RPGs (e.g. final fantasy series, mana series, etc.) but I also love HL2, FEAR, etc. (not a fan of doom 3 though).
  21. The only game i would play closest to an RPg is Age Of Empire's its a cool game but i still dont like that third person view

Now World of warcraft i hate, most people would get way to involved

i see it as a Drug, but i know its just a game but damn its some peoples lifes

:(
  22. I can't say that I see how age of empires is even close to a RPG. It is a real time strategy in almost every sense. World of warcraft is not typical of rpg's and personally I don't like the game either. I tried it but I got tired of it within a few days, luckily I was on a trial account so it didn't cost me anything.

FEAR was a good game and they just released the multiplayer part free for download. I think its awesome that they are letting you play for free. If you want the single player then pay for it, if its about multi, just download.
  23. do u have a link to the Free Download ??

i was looking for it and i found one but its going to take Forever to download

thx :D :D :D :D
  24. If you go to http://www.joinfear.com/main?act=download and pick the fileplanet.com option it seems to be the fastest. You'll have to wait through their lines for about 30 minutes but after it starts downloading I was getting 600-700KBs so it didn't take too long. The bittorrent option is the slowest, don't even bother with it.
  25. i have bit torrent and F*ck that thing is slow, and i dont have a Fileplanet Acount :[
  26. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!

looky what i found !!

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;5417592;;/fileinfo.html
  27. Upgraded from ATI 9250+Duron 1.2 to 7600GT+Athlon4000 to play this game wll.

Not sorry. Loving it. It's actually completely and utterly addictive, spending 4 hours a night on it.
  28. Quote:
    Upgraded from ATI 9250+Duron 1.2 to 7600GT+Athlon4000 to play this game wll.

Not sorry. Loving it. It's actually completely and utterly addictive, spending 4 hours a night on it.

i'm with that guy^
    but i didn't upgrade.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Oblivion Computers Games Video Games Product