I have many colorful XP shortcut icons on my desktop and I have 10 plain
folder shortcut icons. Google search for XP icons gives me frankly a
headache. I'd like a user friendly XP Icon folder program that has say 200
xp icons and all it takes is a click on the one icon and a click on the
desktop icon and Walla the desktop icon is changed. Does anyone know and use
such a program and where may I purchase it. Freeware is even better but
perhaps that is asking too much.
Thanks for any help
Dan

Dannie;

You can collect icons one at a time or in groups, all for free,

http://www.jeffs-icons.com/

http://virtualplastic.net/scrow/misc.html

http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/

Also search Google or whatever for icons.

Download what you want, store all in a folder named icons, maybe.
Right-click the folder you want to customize, and then click Properties.
On the Customize tab,Click Change Icon to change the graphic that represents
the folder in all views except Thumbnail view.
Follow through to where your "icons: folder is.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:swAoc.37537$CC4.14922013@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have many colorful XP shortcut icons on my desktop and I have 10
> plain folder shortcut icons. Google search for XP icons gives me
> frankly a headache. I'd like a user friendly XP Icon folder program
> that has say 200 xp icons and all it takes is a click on the one icon
> and a click on the desktop icon and Walla the desktop icon is
> changed. Does anyone know and use such a program and where may I
> purchase it. Freeware is even better but perhaps that is asking too
> much.
> Thanks for any help
> Dan

Dannie;

You can collect icons one at a time or in groups, all for free,

http://www.jeffs-icons.com/

http://virtualplastic.net/scrow/misc.html

http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/

Also search Google or whatever for icons.

Download what you want, store all in a folder named icons, maybe.
Right-click the folder you want to customize, and then click Properties.
On the Customize tab,Click Change Icon to change the graphic that represents
the folder in all views except Thumbnail view.
Follow through to where your "icons: folder is.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:swAoc.37537$CC4.14922013@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> I have many colorful XP shortcut icons on my desktop and I have 10
> plain folder shortcut icons. Google search for XP icons gives me
> frankly a headache. I'd like a user friendly XP Icon folder program
> that has say 200 xp icons and all it takes is a click on the one icon
> and a click on the desktop icon and Walla the desktop icon is
> changed. Does anyone know and use such a program and where may I
> purchase it. Freeware is even better but perhaps that is asking too
> much.
> Thanks for any help
> Dan

Thanks Wes. I shall certainly give those sites a looksee.
Dan

> Dannie;
>
> You can collect icons one at a time or in groups, all for free,
>
> http://www.jeffs-icons.com/
>
> http://virtualplastic.net/scrow/misc.html
>
> http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/
>
> Also search Google or whatever for icons.
>
> Download what you want, store all in a folder named icons, maybe.
> Right-click the folder you want to customize, and then click Properties.
> On the Customize tab,Click Change Icon to change the graphic that
represents
> the folder in all views except Thumbnail view.
> Follow through to where your "icons: folder is.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:swAoc.37537$CC4.14922013@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
> Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> > I have many colorful XP shortcut icons on my desktop and I have 10
> > plain folder shortcut icons. Google search for XP icons gives me
> > frankly a headache. I'd like a user friendly XP Icon folder program
> > that has say 200 xp icons and all it takes is a click on the one icon
> > and a click on the desktop icon and Walla the desktop icon is
> > changed. Does anyone know and use such a program and where may I
> > purchase it. Freeware is even better but perhaps that is asking too
> > much.
> > Thanks for any help
> > Dan

Have fun!

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:fKLoc.45919$CC4.16857351@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Wes. I shall certainly give those sites a looksee.
> Dan

>> Dannie;
>>
>> You can collect icons one at a time or in groups, all for free,
>>
>> http://www.jeffs-icons.com/
>>
>> http://virtualplastic.net/scrow/misc.html
>>
>> http://www.it-mate.co.uk/icons/
>>
>> Also search Google or whatever for icons.
>>
>> Download what you want, store all in a folder named icons, maybe.
>> Right-click the folder you want to customize, and then click
>> Properties. On the Customize tab,Click Change Icon to change the
>> graphic that represents the folder in all views except Thumbnail
>> view.
>> Follow through to where your "icons: folder is.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:swAoc.37537$CC4.14922013@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net,
>> Dannie <sloopoke.noname@nospam.optonline.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> I have many colorful XP shortcut icons on my desktop and I have 10
>>> plain folder shortcut icons. Google search for XP icons gives me
>>> frankly a headache. I'd like a user friendly XP Icon folder program
>>> that has say 200 xp icons and all it takes is a click on the one
>>> icon and a click on the desktop icon and Walla the desktop icon is
>>> changed. Does anyone know and use such a program and where may I
>>> purchase it. Freeware is even better but perhaps that is asking too
>>> much.
>>> Thanks for any help
>>> Dan

Have fun!