Win7 fresh install

dedline

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Hey guys,

I am putting together my new system and I currently have a beta win 7 disc and a win 7 corp edition which seems to let u upgrade from beta. Is there a difference between upgrading from beta to full and a clean install? Will I have to install xp first to install beta? What are your suggestions. Thanks guys

Solution
To my knowledge you won't need to install XP, you can use the Win7 RC or RTM disk to to a clean install. Just keep a few things in mind.

1) If you have the beta (build 7000) as opposed to the RC (7100) or the RTM (7600), remember that it has already hit the auto-shutdown phase. Your PC will turn itself off every 2 hours if you use the beta.

2) You cannot upgrade XP or any of the pre-release editions of Windows 7 to the full version, it has to be a clean install.
To my knowledge you won't need to install XP, you can use the Win7 RC or RTM disk to to a clean install. Just keep a few things in mind.

1) If you have the beta (build 7000) as opposed to the RC (7100) or the RTM (7600), remember that it has already hit the auto-shutdown phase. Your PC will turn itself off every 2 hours if you use the beta.

2) You cannot upgrade XP or any of the pre-release editions of Windows 7 to the full version, it has to be a clean install.

Solution