Whick phones have analog now?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 25, 2004 6:31:16 PM

You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

More about : whick phones analog

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 3:42:34 AM

Go here: http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/carrier.php?c=2 Scroll down to
CDMA/AMPS

Cary S. Hedges

"Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:03:43 PM

I don't see it here either. I am sure they want to downplay this as much as
possible from here on out.
There will probably be more and more new phones without AMPS capability
coming into the market.

Scotty

"Cary S. Hedges" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> Go here: http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/carrier.php?c=2 Scroll down
> CDMA/AMPS
>
> Cary S. Hedges
>
> "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> > They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> > in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> > Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

April 26, 2004 9:44:33 PM

My bad. They (Phone Scoop) had the phones seperated just last week.

Cary S. Hedges

"Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote in message
> I don't see it here either. I am sure they want to downplay this as much
as
> possible from here on out.
> There will probably be more and more new phones without AMPS capability
> coming into the market.
>
> Scotty
>

> "Cary S. Hedges" <no@way.com> wrote in message
> > Go here: http://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/carrier.php?c=2 Scroll down
> > CDMA/AMPS
> >
> > Cary S. Hedges
> >
> > "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > > You used to be able to select phones from the website according to
mode.
> > > They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> > > in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> > > Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:53:36 PM

Dave wrote:
> You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

the V60s has analog. It's tri-mode.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 12:56:40 AM

On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:31:16 GMT, Dave <davids1955@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
>They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
>in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
>Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

New phones with AMPS capability are rapidly becoming a dying breed.

If by safety you mean the ability to contact 911, then your best bet
is to find a used AMPS phone (the Motorola 300 comes to mind, as I
have 3 sitting here now), and use it as a backup to whatever digital
only phone you may select. Sure, it's a bit of a PITA, but you will
have AMPS if you need it, and you won't have to subscribe to a line of
service on the AMPS phone if all you use it for is contacting 911. Be
sure to pick up a car charger for it, and maybe a spare battery, too.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 5:49:09 AM

If they say "all Digital" in the description, they do not have analog.

"Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:28:31 PM

audiovox CDM8900 and motorola T730 are both analog and digital. This is my
phone (audiovox) and my husband's. We had to get with analog because in our
house, signal switches back and forth from digital to analog.
Anonymous
April 29, 2004 12:34:36 AM

Just went through the research looking to replace my daughter's Cingular
TDMA with a Verizon clamshell phone. Here is what I've found:
Analog Capable
Motorola V60S yes
Audiovox CDM8600 yes
Samsung SCH-A530S no
LG VX4400B yes
LG VX4600 no
LG VX4500 no
LG VX6000 no
Audiovox CDM8900 yes
Samsung SCH-A610 no
Mototola T730 yes
LG VX3100L yes

"Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

April 29, 2004 5:53:22 PM

Thanks so much for all this information!

Dave

Slick Willy wrote:

> Just went through the research looking to replace my daughter's Cingular
> TDMA with a Verizon clamshell phone. Here is what I've found:
> Analog Capable
> Motorola V60S yes
> Audiovox CDM8600 yes
> Samsung SCH-A530S no
> LG VX4400B yes
> LG VX4600 no
> LG VX4500 no
> LG VX6000 no
> Audiovox CDM8900 yes
> Samsung SCH-A610 no
> Mototola T730 yes
> LG VX3100L yes
>

> "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>
>>You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
>>They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
>>in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
>>Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 5:53:23 PM

Hey, the Nokia 3589i also does analog...

Dave <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<mN7kc.14770$gH6.10398@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>...
> Thanks so much for all this information!
>
> Dave
>
> Slick Willy wrote:
>
> > Just went through the research looking to replace my daughter's Cingular
> > TDMA with a Verizon clamshell phone. Here is what I've found:
> > Analog Capable
> > Motorola V60S yes
> > Audiovox CDM8600 yes
> > Samsung SCH-A530S no
> > LG VX4400B yes
> > LG VX4600 no
> > LG VX4500 no
> > LG VX6000 no
> > Audiovox CDM8900 yes
> > Samsung SCH-A610 no
> > Mototola T730 yes
> > LG VX3100L yes
> >

> > "Dave" <davids1955@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >
> >>You used to be able to select phones from the website according to mode.
> >>They removed that feature and in fact do not mention analog capability
> >>in their phone description. Analog is very important to me for safety.
> >>Do you have to go to the manufactures websites now to find out?

Anonymous
April 29, 2004 8:34:00 PM

LG VX3100 does NOT have analog.

Jason Reuschlein