louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

i am having trouble installing office 2000 on windows xp
home edition, an error about office10 cad pops up and
won't let me finish installing, what do i do?

Hi,

Try cleaning up the installer.

Start/run services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click
it. Stop the service if it is running, set the startup type line to
disabled. Click apply/ok and reboot.

Delete the contents of the temp folders, there may be a file in there
interfering with the setup routine of the installer. Get both:

C:\Windows\temp
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\temp

Now reverse the first set of steps and reenable the Windows Installer (You
can just set the startup type to manual). Reboot.

Turn off all other running programs, especially your antivirus software. Use
ctrl+shift+escape, if necessary, to "end task" on everything.

Now retry installing some software. If it doesn't help, here are some
further articles that may:

"Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315346

Windows Installer Error 1619 When You Install from NTFS-Protected
Directories
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316309

OFF: "The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message
When You Try to Install Office
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324516

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"louise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am having trouble installing office 2000 on windows xp
> home edition, an error about office10 cad pops up and
> won't let me finish installing, what do i do?

ME

In message <c3dd01c438af$97d18720$a401280a@phx.gbl>, louise
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>i am having trouble installing office 2000 on windows xp
>home edition, an error about office10 cad pops up and
>won't let me finish installing, what do i do?

Are you sure you don't mean office10 cab ? Ie, one of the compressed cab
files on the Office installation Cd. If so your Cd may need cleaning.

I've taken the opportunity of your post to install Office 2000 here on
my new XPH installation and it has...

<waiting while it finishes...>

run through fine.

--
dave @ stejonda

"To materialist eyes, India is a developing country;
to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country."
Ram Dass (an optimist)

Rick,

The actual message reads
Error 1311.