Office 2000 on Xp home edition

i am having trouble installing office 2000 on windows xp
home edition, an error about office10 cad pops up and
won't let me finish installing, what do i do?
4 answers Last reply
More about office 2000 home edition

    Hi,

    Try cleaning up the installer.

    Start/run services.msc, scroll down to "Windows Installer" and double click
    it. Stop the service if it is running, set the startup type line to
    disabled. Click apply/ok and reboot.

    Delete the contents of the temp folders, there may be a file in there
    interfering with the setup routine of the installer. Get both:

    C:\Windows\temp
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\local settings\temp

    Now reverse the first set of steps and reenable the Windows Installer (You
    can just set the startup type to manual). Reboot.

    Turn off all other running programs, especially your antivirus software. Use
    ctrl+shift+escape, if necessary, to "end task" on everything.

    Now retry installing some software. If it doesn't help, here are some
    further articles that may:

    "Error 1719. The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error
    Message When You Try to Add or Remove a Program
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315346

    Windows Installer Error 1619 When You Install from NTFS-Protected
    Directories
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316309

    OFF: "The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed" Error Message
    When You Try to Install Office
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324516

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

    In message <c3dd01c438af$97d18720$a401280a@phx.gbl>, louise
    <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> writes
    >i am having trouble installing office 2000 on windows xp
    >home edition, an error about office10 cad pops up and
    >won't let me finish installing, what do i do?

    Are you sure you don't mean office10 cab ? Ie, one of the compressed cab
    files on the Office installation Cd. If so your Cd may need cleaning.

    I've taken the opportunity of your post to install Office 2000 here on
    my new XPH installation and it has...

    <waiting while it finishes...>

    run through fine.

    --
    dave @ stejonda

    "To materialist eyes, India is a developing country;
    to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country."
    Ram Dass (an optimist)

    Rick,

    The actual message reads
    Error 1311.