Help me select motherboard

KingTermite

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2002
Please help me select a motherboard. I am going to build my first computer. I've installed many "components" before, but never built a computer from the ground up (any good online guides?), so I'm not too familiar with motherboards.

I've looked to see that it looks like the PC2700 DDR (333 MHz) is about the fastest memory to use (I've seen some DDR 400 MHz from Corsair, but not seen a MB to support it).

I want to use DDR 333 MHz memory, would like a decent amount of the standard stuff like PCI slots, usb 2.0 ports, an AGP slot, etc..., I plan to get a P4 2.4GHz and also put in a 120 GB hard drive (either IBM or Western Digital).
But I want to make sure it supports the memory I want.

Right now I am looking at the ASUS P4S333. I've heard good things about ASUS boards, so I'd kinda like to maybe stick with them.

Please give me your opinions on what boards are good for what I want to do. Is this a good board to choose? Is there a better ASUS board that will support a 2.4 GHz P4 and DDR 333 memory? Are there some other brands besides ASUS that I should seriously look into?

Please give me your comments.

--
If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed.
--