Someone's lurking inside my computer!

I've only had my computer for a few months now, but there's one thing I'm
fairly certain of. It belongs to me! It's bought & paid for! It's mine mine
mine!!! No one else uses it [EVER!!] I'm not part of an organization, which
means I'm absolutely not on a network!! When I turn the computer on in the
morning, there's one, I repeat ONE user account option. It's called OWNER!!
That's me, OWNER, KING, RULER of all that I suvey!!! Me Me Me Mine Mine
Mine!!!!!

So imagine my surprise when one day I open up USER ACCOUNTS in the CONTROL
PANEL and find that there's another user account hanging around there. No,
I'm not talking about the guest account, which is most assuredly turned off.
The account I'm referring to is called "ASP.NET Machine A..." (Have no idea
what the "A" stands for. Application?) Not only that, but it's password
protected! AARRGH!!! What's this interloper doing in my system?? Admittedly,
I'm only marginally familiar with microsoft's ASP.NET technology, but I
can't believe that they would need to plant a spy in my computer to make
their worldwide vision come true, would they?

Can I just delete this puppy, or what???

Larry Parker
vanguard@quik.com

map

Others have told you what ASP.NET is this is to advise
you to change the account name to something else.By
default the computer name is "owner" and their is no
password.Hackers now this.Install a password and change
the name.

Hello
That account is added when you download .NET Framework - it is used =
mainly be programmers although some programs are now beginning to use it =
- Drive Image 7 is one. If you think that you don't need it you can =
either leave it there or delete it - it can't be disabled.

http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--
Hope This Helps
Haus
"Larry Parker" <vanguard@quik.com> wrote in message
> I've only had my computer for a few months now, but there's one thing I'm
> fairly certain of. It belongs to me! It's bought & paid for! It's mine
mine
> mine!!! No one else uses it [EVER!!] I'm not part of an organization,
which
> means I'm absolutely not on a network!! When I turn the computer on in the
> morning, there's one, I repeat ONE user account option. It's called
OWNER!!
> That's me, OWNER, KING, RULER of all that I suvey!!! Me Me Me Mine Mine
> Mine!!!!!
>
> So imagine my surprise when one day I open up USER ACCOUNTS in the CONTROL
> PANEL and find that there's another user account hanging around there. No,
> I'm not talking about the guest account, which is most assuredly turned
off.
> The account I'm referring to is called "ASP.NET Machine A..." (Have no
idea
> what the "A" stands for. Application?) Not only that, but it's password
> protected! AARRGH!!! What's this interloper doing in my system??
Admittedly,
> I'm only marginally familiar with microsoft's ASP.NET technology, but I
> can't believe that they would need to plant a spy in my computer to make
> their worldwide vision come true, would they?
>
> Can I just delete this puppy, or what???
>
> Larry Parker
> vanguard@quik.com

Hi

Have a look a the following link:

"What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Larry Parker" <vanguard@quik.com> wrote in message
| I've only had my computer for a few months now, but there's one thing I'm
| fairly certain of. It belongs to me! It's bought & paid for! It's mine
mine
| mine!!! No one else uses it [EVER!!] I'm not part of an organization,
which
| means I'm absolutely not on a network!! When I turn the computer on in the
| morning, there's one, I repeat ONE user account option. It's called
OWNER!!
| That's me, OWNER, KING, RULER of all that I suvey!!! Me Me Me Mine Mine
| Mine!!!!!
|
| So imagine my surprise when one day I open up USER ACCOUNTS in the CONTROL
| PANEL and find that there's another user account hanging around there. No,
| I'm not talking about the guest account, which is most assuredly turned
off.
| The account I'm referring to is called "ASP.NET Machine A..." (Have no
idea
| what the "A" stands for. Application?) Not only that, but it's password
| protected! AARRGH!!! What's this interloper doing in my system??
Admittedly,
| I'm only marginally familiar with microsoft's ASP.NET technology, but I
| can't believe that they would need to plant a spy in my computer to make
| their worldwide vision come true, would they?
|
| Can I just delete this puppy, or what???
|
| Larry Parker
| vanguard@quik.com

Will & Haus,

Thanks for the link. It looks like I'll be spending some serious time
learning about what's buried inside my computer system.

Take it easy.
Larry Parker

> Hi
>
> Have a look a the following link:
>
> "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
> http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

> "Larry Parker" <vanguard@quik.com> wrote in message
> | I've only had my computer for a few months now, but there's one thing
I'm
> | fairly certain of. It belongs to me! It's bought & paid for! It's mine
> mine
> | mine!!! No one else uses it [EVER!!] I'm not part of an organization,
> which
> | means I'm absolutely not on a network!! When I turn the computer on in
the
> | morning, there's one, I repeat ONE user account option. It's called
> OWNER!!
> | That's me, OWNER, KING, RULER of all that I suvey!!! Me Me Me Mine Mine
> | Mine!!!!!
> |
> | So imagine my surprise when one day I open up USER ACCOUNTS in the
CONTROL
> | PANEL and find that there's another user account hanging around there.
No,
> | I'm not talking about the guest account, which is most assuredly turned
> off.
> | The account I'm referring to is called "ASP.NET Machine A..." (Have no
> idea
> | what the "A" stands for. Application?) Not only that, but it's password
> | protected! AARRGH!!! What's this interloper doing in my system??
> Admittedly,
> | I'm only marginally familiar with microsoft's ASP.NET technology, but I
> | can't believe that they would need to plant a spy in my computer to make
> | their worldwide vision come true, would they?
> |
> | Can I just delete this puppy, or what???
> |
> | Larry Parker
> | vanguard@quik.com

Oh, one more thing:

It's good to be the KING!

"MAP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

Change which Account name??

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

You're welcome, Larry.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

"Larry Parker" <vanguard@quik.com> wrote in message
| Will & Haus,
|
| Thanks for the link. It looks like I'll be spending some serious time
| learning about what's buried inside my computer system.
|
| Take it easy.
| Larry Parker
|

| "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> wrote in message
| > Hi
| >
| > Have a look a the following link:
| >
| > "What is the ASP.NET Machine Account?"
| > http://www.mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/aspdot.php
| >
| > --
| >
| > Will Denny
| > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
| >

| > "Larry Parker" <vanguard@quik.com> wrote in message
| > | I've only had my computer for a few months now, but there's one thing
| I'm
| > | fairly certain of. It belongs to me! It's bought & paid for! It's mine
| > mine
| > | mine!!! No one else uses it [EVER!!] I'm not part of an organization,
| > which
| > | means I'm absolutely not on a network!! When I turn the computer on in
| the
| > | morning, there's one, I repeat ONE user account option. It's called
| > OWNER!!
| > | That's me, OWNER, KING, RULER of all that I suvey!!! Me Me Me Mine
Mine
| > | Mine!!!!!
| > |
| > | So imagine my surprise when one day I open up USER ACCOUNTS in the
| CONTROL
| > | PANEL and find that there's another user account hanging around there.
| No,
| > | I'm not talking about the guest account, which is most assuredly
turned
| > off.
| > | The account I'm referring to is called "ASP.NET Machine A..." (Have no
| > idea
| > | what the "A" stands for. Application?) Not only that, but it's
password
| > | protected! AARRGH!!! What's this interloper doing in my system??
| > Admittedly,
| > | I'm only marginally familiar with microsoft's ASP.NET technology, but
| > | can't believe that they would need to plant a spy in my computer to
make
| > | their worldwide vision come true, would they?
| > |
| > | Can I just delete this puppy, or what???
| > |
| > | Larry Parker
| > | vanguard@quik.com
| > |