burn-e86

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
depends on what quality your expecting
obviously the higher the quality the higher the price
I'd steer clear of any intel graphics cards as they are often really crap and dont show well
the best your gonna get for affordability is an nvidia 6200 go gpu though if they still make laptops with this is beyond me, i havnt checked laptop gpus for atleast a year
i've also seen an SLI config in a 'laptop' though it was so big it can hardly be called one
there is also the Geforce go 7 series that will give you good performance
though in the end you have to decide on how much your willing to spend, how big you want it (portability), batt. life etc.
or you could get a DTP with desktop components...just dont put it on your lap

MICHAEL373

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Play css on a laptop..it would look like cs 1.6 youd ahve to put the quality very low...noobishly worthless as well..buy a desktop or a shuttle and tft display and lug that around

Lushen124

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
A Radeon Xpress 200M is enough to run CS:Source, albeit not too good looking. My GeForce Go 6200 can play CS:Source very well. This leads me to believe that as long as you have a decent dedicated graphics card, you'll be fine.

muffins

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
my radeon mobility 9000 ran it very smoothly(cough cough lowest settings).....but damn was it smooth.....as long as nobody was moving.... and i was looking right at a wall