randall

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002
Ok, I have this problem. A friend of me has a gateway computer with a build in video card. He now bought a new ( pci) card and he wants to install it. How can he disable the onboard video card and work with the new one ?? I have no idea of what brand he has and gateway doesnt know either.
I have found the bios string and ID and that says :
bios ID 0-00101111-

bios signon 51-2300-000000-00101111-030199-

I thoughht that there should be an option in the biossettings but cant find one. ( like video set to pci) or something like that.
Any help with this problem ( manufactor's name or how the h*** I can get this new videocard working would be highly apricieted

Regards,

Ronald Glaser
Delft, Netherlands

sturm

Splendid
my friend has a dell with no agp slot but onboard agp. we put in a pci video card just like u want to. what we had to do was disable the onboard video in windows. goto start - settings - control panel - system - device manager. click on the onboard video and set the flag to disable in all profiles or something like that. u also might have a setting in bios that tells it whether to boot with pci or agp. set to pci if u do. if u dont have that selection disable it thru windows as before.