I had some problems with my xp sp1 and when I tried
reinstalling I got some really funky modern stuff. I'm
not even really sure where it came from (OK - I'm not all
that bright). It seems like a lot of the MS based stuff
has been upgraded.

My problem is with the "new" Internet Explorer. It has a
new "look & feel", kind of upgraded & streamlined, but
there's a problem: The Content Advisor is acting
suspiciously. When I click on Internet Options, Content
Adviser, on either option I get a pop-up box asking me
for (get this) the correct password hair color. I'm not
about to sit around guessing at colors as I don't have
any idea what it'll do to my machine, I tried it a
couple times and got a message that I had the
wrong "password color." Man, I hope I havrn'y messed
anything up. I've searched all over the MS forums but
have found nothing.

Can a knowledgeable someonrplease tell me what's going on
& how to fix it. I'd be grateful

-> Jim

Hi, I also had a problem I could not solve on my own.
My cd writer was not recognized by XP home edition.
I posted my problem on Windows XP Hardware newsgroup, got one reply, but I didn't know
how to implement the reply. In desperation I poked around my computer
until I stumbled on Help and Support. I asked for support and in less then 24 hours
they e-mailed a detailed step-by-step procedure, which solved my problem.
Since my knowledge of computers is marginal, at best, it was important for me that the
procedure was very detailed and did not assume that I know anything about computers.

If you would like to get support to solve your problem, left click on:
Start>Control Panel>Help and Support (on left panel)>>Get support (on right panel)>Get help from (on left panel)>>Ask support professional for help (on right panel), then answer a series of questions.

All the best, Adam