Newbie DF2 Onliune Questions.

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Hi Folks:

My player's specs shows 24 single player missions,
which sounds about right.

So this weekend I tried a little online action. That
was fun.

I have some questions.

First, how do they figure the online kills and deaths?
Match after match I've had 2 kills to 15 deaths, 4 kills
to 20 deaths, but my personal stats show 160 kills to 406
deaths. A ratio of better than 1 to 3. I can remember
a couple of matches where I killed half as many as I've
been killed, but those are rare. Is the kill and death
tally accurate?

When I find what looks like a safe sniper nest in the
hills surrounding a battlefield and lay prone to survey
the situation, it only takes a minute or so for someone to
hunt me down and stick a knife in my back. Sometimes
before I even take one shot. How am I being found, and how
can I find others?

Why is the SAW banned? I didn't find it very effective
on single player missions.

I like online gaming, but it only takes one jerk to
ruin the experience for others. I don't want to be that
jerk.

The FAQ I've found for this group seems to deal with
posting etiquette, but I want to know about online tactics
and rules for fair play. Can someone point me to a site?

I've only played deathmatch, because I think that would
be a casual atmosphere, where I won't hurt others by my
lack of experience. What other game types can I play
where my inexperience won't cause a problem for others?

Thanks
Larry
AKA Dragon

Archived from groups: alt.games.delta-force (More info?)

Larry Lindstrom <nobody@aracnet.com> wrote in

> Hi Folks:
>
> My player's specs shows 24 single player missions,
> which sounds about right.
>
> So this weekend I tried a little online action. That
> was fun.
>
> I have some questions.
>
> First, how do they figure the online kills and deaths?
> Match after match I've had 2 kills to 15 deaths, 4 kills
> to 20 deaths, but my personal stats show 160 kills to 406
> deaths. A ratio of better than 1 to 3. I can remember
> a couple of matches where I killed half as many as I've
> been killed, but those are rare. Is the kill and death
> tally accurate?
>
> When I find what looks like a safe sniper nest in the
> hills surrounding a battlefield and lay prone to survey
> the situation, it only takes a minute or so for someone to
> hunt me down and stick a knife in my back. Sometimes
> before I even take one shot. How am I being found, and how
> can I find others?

There are several reasons possible for this situation. First, the
hunter may have been following you. Second, most experienced players
know the good sniper spots and check them regularly. Third is the
distance involved. If you're close enough it will be easy to see you.
Then there is always the possibility of a cheater. The chance for this
is remote, however, and should mostly be ignored as more often then not
the other player is simply more skilled.

> Why is the SAW banned? I didn't find it very effective
> on single player missions.

Most SAW users hold down the trigger basically forever. A lot of
more skilled players don't like being killed by a newbie weapon.

> I like online gaming, but it only takes one jerk to
> ruin the experience for others. I don't want to be that
> jerk.
>
> The FAQ I've found for this group seems to deal with
> posting etiquette, but I want to know about online tactics
> and rules for fair play. Can someone point me to a site?
>
> I've only played deathmatch, because I think that would
> be a casual atmosphere, where I won't hurt others by my
> lack of experience. What other game types can I play
> where my inexperience won't cause a problem for others?

I think deathmatch is a horrible place to learn. Any team game with
enough players won't be hurt by having a newbie onboard. Team
deathmatch is a good place to start, but CTF would be better so that
your kill/death ratio won't affect the score.

--
ICQ: 8105495
AIM: KeeperGFA