wireless g-router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 24, 2004 9:51:50 PM

Hi
I installed a g-router on top of an Ethernet modem. PCs wireless net cards
communicate well with router by when I try to configure the router via
browser I get no response from router and therefore my PCs can't connect to
Internet. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.
A_Rodrigues

More about : wireless router

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 24, 2004 9:51:51 PM

"António Matos Rodrigues (casa)" <matos.rodrigues@netvisao.pt> wrote in
message news:newscache$it7d1i$ame$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt...
> Hi
> I installed a g-router on top of an Ethernet modem. PCs wireless net cards
> communicate well with router by when I try to configure the router via
> browser I get no response from router and therefore my PCs can't connect
> Internet. What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks.
> A_Rodrigues

1) You're not reading the manual.

2) You're not giving us enough information. Do the wireless PCs obtain IP
addresses from the router? If so, what Default Gateway Address is assigned?
Try pointing your browser at the Default Gateway Address.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
July 25, 2004 1:09:01 PM

Make sure that the PC you are using to setup the router is on the same
subnet as the router (this will be in the manual)....
Some routers use 192.168.0.xxx others 192.168.1.xxx etc....

Ensure you have the router's IP as the Gateway for all the PCs....

Guy

!