Blizzard's StarCraft II Multiplayer Beta Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
This is one game I have been watching with much interest.... I am still praying they do not release the game in 3 parts at $50 a pop.

If they do that then I will only buy one at a time over an extended period of time.

On the positive side I really want this game :)

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
[citation][nom]JonathanDeane[/nom]This is one game I have been watching with much interest.... I am still praying they do not release the game in 3 parts at $50 a pop. If they do that then I will only buy one at a time over an extended period of time.On the positive side I really want this game[/citation]

They Are not going to release the 3 games all at once prolly a year aprt for each of them

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
The forced Battle.net merge for WoW users was a pain in the ass. Furthermore, I suspect it may facilitate hackers in their work because our login ID is now our e-mail adress. The WoW community has seen an increase in hacked accounts recently (sadly, I'm an example).

However, there also seems to have pretty nice features in the new Battle.net. Chatting with friends on other realms or other games is very interesting. I know Steam does it so it's not new, but it's welcomed nonetheless.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
OK now in a year or two is Blizzard going to drop support for the original Starcraft like MS dropped Xbox one support? I can see it happening.

G

Can they please stop announcing the greatest games years before they are released? For myself and other fans, the wait is excruciating. I find myself checking every week (at least) for any little morsel of news. Instead, I should be focusing on things which actually relevant in the 'here and now'. It really can be quite distracting.

When I already know that a certain development company produces great content, I would much rather just be surprised. Doom was a surprise, Starcraft was a surprise, Diablo was a surprise, Halflife was a surprise, Rogue Warrior was a surprise... just kidding on that last one.

mcpcna01

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2007
Why do I need a connection to the internet to use single player mode? I don't want all my sucky stats posted so everyone can see(or even myself. If I am in single player mode it shouldn't matter). If I want a quick game i don't want to waste time by talking to a friend. I don't care to see what they are doing every second of my pathetic life.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Well, at least they will support the modding community (which makes WC3 a great game still today).
I remember when I saw my first SC2 video, I though 'damn, my computer can't play that', now I'll be running it at 60+ FPS on max settings and resolution. I guess waiting has done something. =D

botabota

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
time for those boyfriends who quit gaming to go back to gaming... and time for their now girlfriend to break up with them .. :p

G

An 'always on' experience makes this game a no-go for me. I should not be required to login to Battle.net just to play the single-player campaign. I also do not want stats or anything else posted to a Battle.net profile or anywhere else. This is just as bad as SecuROM authentication. At least with products like Steam you can authenticate once, go into offline mode, then block everything using a firewall.

G

Just ordered my PC parts at newegg. Can't wait to try this game, come on!

flea420

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom]The WoW community has seen an increase in hacked accounts recently (sadly, I'm an example).[/citation]
Noone hacked your account, you unknowingly gave the login info to a person or program, lrn2internet

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
"Battle.Net will provide an "always on" experience whether you're playing a single-player campaign or battling opponents online."

So are they saying I cannot play the single player campaign unless I am online? Cause if so that's bs imo. I should be able to play the game in single player whether I am online or not. I mean I paid for it. I had the same issue with Modern Warfare 2. Steam would not work for whatever reason so I was like "fine I will just play a little single player till I can." Oh, no cannot do that unless your connected to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.