Dual O/S

I have XP on my new hard drive (ide 1) which opens on booting.

I have just added my old hard drive which has (Windows 98 on it) on to ide
2.

Can anyone tell me how I can boot on to the second hard drive so I can use
Windows 98?

TIA

BJ

Hi,

You'll likely need a boot manager. The problem will be in how Win98 sees
itself when loaded, if it can load at all. If the primary boot partition is
in NTFS, then you cannot boot Win98 from it. If it is not, then Win98 will
see it as "C", and Win98's drive designations will become confused when it
is loaded, as it will no longer be C when placed in a slave position. At
best you will need to reinstall Win98 in it's current location and add it to
the boot menu (run bootcfg /rebuild from a recovery console command prompt).
Otherwise, you will need a boot manager to load Win98.

Boot Managers:

BootIT NG www.terabyteunlimited.com
Partition Magic www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic
Partition Commander http://www.v-com.com/product/pc_ind.html

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Win98 Help - www.rickrogers.org

"RedZed" <redzed@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I have XP on my new hard drive (ide 1) which opens on booting.
>
> I have just added my old hard drive which has (Windows 98 on it) on to ide
> 2.
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can boot on to the second hard drive so I can use
> Windows 98?
>
> TIA
>
> BJ

TRENDING THREADS