  • Security
  • Windows XP
a b 8 Security
May 14, 2004 3:11:42 PM

Hi! When I am in MMC -Local Policies-Security Settings I find in Network
Access: 1- Named Pipes that can be accessed Anonymously (COMNAP, COMNODE,
SQL\QUERY,LLSRPC,SPOOLSS,EPMAPPER, LOCATOR,TRkWks TrkSvr)
2-Remotely Accessible Registry Paths-I Deleted All of these in this window
before thinking first! Got paranoid because I don't think there should be
remote access to registry as I've tried ways of denying this service!)
3-Sharing and security model for local accounts-Classic-local users
authenticate as themselves

I don't recall there being these settings info there before and wonder-are
these default? Does Network Access mean as it sounds-Access to my computer
from outside?
If so do the settings above look like that is what is happening and could it
be one of the Limited users on my computer?

More about : local security policy settings

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
May 15, 2004 1:04:29 AM

C:\WINDOWS\Help\lpe.chm